Thoughts On Budget Tablets?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Denis Hard • Aug 9, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Someone I know wants to buy a budget tablet and I've been doing some research trying to find the best but cheapest tablets that could have everything he wants in a tablet and is powerful enough to suit his needs. I saw some tablets in a few online stores that cost about $100 with some going as low as $40.

Have any of you bought a tablet that cheap? Which brand would you rceommend if you have?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I personally love the KIndle Fire, which I think would come under the rubric of budget tablet. I find it quite functional. It only cost me 50 bucks and I think it was one of the best purchases I have made. I love it as I can browse the web, download books and games and do other things with it. The camera and the video aren't too functional, but you can upgrade to the HD version and I think those things are much more functional.

3. cluckeyo

cluckeyoActive Member

Threads:
    I just bought two Kindle Fire tablets from Amazon. I am streaming videos on them and they are doing an excellent job so far. I paid $49 for each of them and I consider that a great buy. I really trust Amazon and I don't think they would sell any junk. I also looked at the budget tablets but I just didn't feel good about these names that I have never heard of. Then I found the Amazon deal and I am so far very pleased with my purchase.

4. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too think budget tablets can work efficiently. Speaking from experience, I got my KindleFire for £169 about 3 years ago and it works brilliantly. I can surf the net on it and do a few other things, although I use it predominantly to read my eBooks. Even though it would be lovely to have an iPad, I'm 100% happy with my KindleFire and wouldn't swap it for the world. The only thing I'd say is that you do need to do your homework and look up reviews before committing to buy, just to ensure you know exactly what you're getting. You'll be surprised to discover how many people get Kindle tablets and then act all surprised and disappointed that they don't have the same features and functions as say the iPad....** queue eye roll** LOL

5. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, several budget tablets out there are good. I have had good Asus and Nooks but also some off name brands. The thing to think about is how much memory you will need. Many cheaper tablets mean less memory. You will want it to have wifi capability and a slot that can old a SIM card for memory. Even if you have to buy the card separate, it may still be worth buying a discount tablet. Personally, I am not sure if it is my lack of computer skills or what, but all applications must be downloaded onto the memory of the tablet itself, then if you upload things to that application, it goes onto your card. So if you need 8 GB of memory for an application but your tablet only holds 4 and the card can get you 16, that might not be enough. But a technician might help you with command prompts that can fix that. I haven't been able to master it yet.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that Kindle is good, too. Even though I mainly use mine for reading with, it does do just about anything else that the iPad does. It is smaller; but actually about the same size as an iPad Mini, which is also extremely popular, so the size is not necessarily an issue.
    Amazon gives away free apps evryday; so that is another important feature. While you might not want whatever apps are offered on any particular day, there are bound to be some good ones that a person does want, and then you get them for free that day.
    One of the most important things about a Kindle Fire, is that it is made by an outstanding company, and you have a solid guarantee for the product.
    Since it is from an American company, any problems would not have to be settled by a company in China or somewhere else.

7. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our first tablet was a steal at $150 because it was on sale by a reputable company. I was tempted to buy one just to know that a tablet is. Unfortunately, that cheap tablet broke down after a month of use. Dutifully, the vendor replaced it while the broken tablet was being checked by their tech. The replacement looked okay. After a month, the vendor called me that the broken tablet couldn't be fixed so I can keep the replacement. Fine. But after a few months, the tablet surrendered like the first one. It seems that the battery is dead. No more replacement this time and that's the last regarding tablets. Now I am using my smart phone which has a good big screen which can give a tablet good competition.

8. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    Ereaders are the cheapest stuff available, an ereader is essencially a tablet with lower specs and optimized to read ebooks with it. You can find from the popular kindle fire to samsung,HTC, Microsoft etc.