Thoughts On New President Of America.

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Belovedad • Nov 10, 2016.

1. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    An American president is an important person for every citizen of every country of this world since the policies made in America or the way an American president reacts have a telling impact on the entire world. I am very much concerned how he thinks on various international policies.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm in a wait and see mode for now about our Pres. elect. I wonder too if Trump will remain being president for there was a news reports about a recount of the election. Everything is too early to comment about this new Pres. elect. To me I'l like to hope the Pres. elect will do a good job.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have friends who have the same approach as you 'wait and see and give him a chance', but it's like someone who you know who has committed a crime who got off, and then seeing if they will do it again. The chances he will are high, and I don't get why people are opposed to a recount. Tax audits are done each day to make sure accountants have filed correctly, so why not an election?

How many people and companies have been caught out with fines or committing fraud from an audit? That's what it is.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Politics is different from crime; Trump is elected and is a President Elect. A criminal is someone who does crime and Trump has different views of his political agenda. Trump is unknown, is a billionaire so he doesn't have any temptation, he is an international business which makes him sensitive about international business and he is not a politician he is a businessman, so it is interesting that American voted for him and not a seasoned politician groomed for the post such as Hillary. Nothing wrong in a recount of the election. Here is an interesting article link about impeaching Trump, note the date:

We who have a wait and see attitude are watching, listening and wondering about this elected businessman Trump. But it doesn't mean we agree with him at all, nor that it means that we voted for him or that we like the outcome of election day. Simply it just means we're realistic for the majority of the country voted for Trump and respectful of the situation. I am quite surprised that Trump isn't sworn in and he is already taking some reins while Pres. Obama is still Pres.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The problem is everyone knew he had so many pending legal cases, but while as a private citizen you can be convicted and fined, but not as a public officer. If he does get impeached (a matter of time) or found guilty of a crime then he will not be allowed to hold office. The Electoral College has worked for and against the people before, and the official count is not until the start of January when the December 19 votes get counted.

6. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    If I was an American I would have chosen Clinton. I come from a country where many people don't believe in women and leadership though we are working on changing that. If Clinton was elected it would have changed this perspective. I have no problem with Trump, I think he has what it takes to be the president.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I feel it's hard for people to say 'give him a chance' when his potential cabinet includes people with no experience, and a Secretary of State with no public service or political background.

That's like saying you hire people to not only work for you, but the country who have no experience of their job. Of course people need to learn, but those jobs aren't entry level. I think also the recent choices made to defy diplomatic relations could lead to war, and China has said it will 'take' Taiwan if the US continues to defy the one China policy. No one can say that's sensible or good.

8. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    Like said above it's difficult for the people that voted for Clinton to be told to give him a chance. Everything that ever comes out of his mouth will be in someway offensive and rude. I do think he has the potential to be a decent president because he seems like a person that won't get bullied by another country or forced into any decisions.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I share the same thought that he is going to be a good president as opposed to the thoughts of others. It's not too long again for the president elect to assume office just next year which around the corner already..

10. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    His positions are incredibly anti-global and that puts him at odds with most of the American and world establishment. On top of that, many real economists are predicting a global economic collapse which no doubt would be aided by anti-globalist policies. At the best, he would be like Jimmy Carter in the sense he would be ignored or at the worst Herbert Hoover who was blamed for the Great Depression.

Note, he put on this show like he'd be this scary leader but I don't think it's going to pan out that way simply because he doesn't have strong enough followers. Also, I don't think he will be able to complete these projects which have been called racist like building a wall between the US and Mexico or getting tough on inner-city crime.

#30Dec 17, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2016