Thoughts on Pink Slime

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Lieutenant • Apr 1, 2012.

1. katniss

katnissActive Member

Threads:
    I've been buying beef and pork and grinding it at home for years. Much better.

I buy the cheapest cuts of beef/pork with a bit of fat in it. Get the old kitchen aid out, add the meat grinder attachment, which also doubles as the sausage stuffer. To make it easier I par-freeze the meat (semi-frozen) so it will grind easier and create less of a mess.

2. thiefraccoon

thiefraccoonNew Member

Threads:
    Vegetarians who eat fish are called pescetarian. I know you won't eat eggs because of a different reason, but jut to clafiry, every vegatarians I know eat egg, as the eggs we buy are unfertilized.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    The pink slime story was really weird, I found it very hard to believe. But, alas, it is true. All in the name of profit. It kind of explains the increase in obesity levels and diseases etc...that is anti-nutrients (so, not truly nourishing), so you will feel the need for MORE. And so one buys more of their product that probably costs them a few cents to make. And then there are the doctor's bills down the road....

At least it is out in the open. Everyone deserves the right to know what is in their food. It is truly shameful that this happened in the first place.

4. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't compare my meat, I tend to go for the least expensive option.