Thoughts On Swapping Services?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Apr 4, 2016.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Same way you can swap clothes and almost everything else on the net apparently for those who want to save even more money, you could also try swapping services. Save for Craiglist [which I wouldn't recommend] I haven't yet seen any sites where people can can swap services.

Have any of you ever swapped/traded services online? Any sites you can recommend?

2. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I really like Yerdle and Listia so far. Listia is a site where you earn points and then use them to buy things auction style like on ebay. It is exciting and I can spend hours on the site. Yerdle is more like an online yardsale and you pay around $5 for shipping. It might seem steep, but I got some brand new shoes for only $5. It's a steal! Both sites let you list stuff you don't want and you earn credits to buy more things. It's awesome!

3. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I've done this with my friends and family but I've not really done it so much online before. I'd be a bit unsure about trading something online unless it was something I was sure I could do well, or I'd be worried they might not like whatever it was they wanted from me.

I have written articles in exchange for someone designing a logo for me one time before, and that worked out quite well, but I'm not sure I'd do it again.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    No sites exist for that now where I'm from but I suppose if I really wanted to I could just post an ad on a free site. I would totally be up for it too but only if I felt the exchange would be as close to fair as possible. Otherwise I think I'd much rather just get paid in cash and use that money as I please. The time I see this being very beneficial is if the person I am exchanging services with also has high value services that would cost me much more if I went the traditional route, such as things like maybe car repair.