Threading, Plucking or shaving brows?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by katharinemae • Jun 22, 2012.

1. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    I have this really untamed brow that goes all over the place. I only shape it by shaving, actually i let the people from the salon do it for me. I find shaving really tedious because after a day or two the hair start to grow again. I have tried plucking once but it really hurts. They say threading really gives a nice shape but its even more painful than plucking. Oh well, Forget the pain, I think I can tolerate it if I really have to. No pain, No gain Right? What do you think is the best way to shape your brows?

2. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    At the moment I am trying to grow out (not sure if that is the right term) my eyebrows so that they are a bit more fuller. It is taking forever but normally I have my eyebrows waxed to keep them in shape. I have never tried threading but I like the clean line waxing gives to my eyebrows. You should try it, I don't find it painful at all and usually it can last up to two weeks before you have to visit the beauty salon again.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer having my eyebrows waxed as well. It gives a clean and beautiful finish and mine takes a while to grow out. I have a friend who has hers threaded and they always look awesome. I must say this: I saw a product, rather inexpensive...and it is a kind of blade...that you can use on eyebrows, bikini line etc...and it looks like a good product and rather inexpensive and I am thinking of trying it out.

All the best...and you will find the solution.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't do my own brows. I do get my brows threaded. Yes, it hurts, but waxing hurts me too. I love the results with threading and it's a bit faster too.

5. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Threading for me! I love it because it's quick, cheap, and it lasts longer. Somehow, when I used to wax my eyebrows, I had to do it again within a week, but with threading, my next appointment is normally the following month.

6. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    If you're going with threading then be mindful of who does and where it's done. You can get some really gnarly infections out of it if you're careless. Personally I don't have any problems with having to shape my brows - guess it's luck.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Shaving? Do I speak for all of us when i say yikes? I used to wax them until I got burned. Above my eye was red forever. Now I get them threaded. Its only painful when the hair is longer. So if I do it every 3-4 weeks to avoid painful problems.

8. katharinemae

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up.. never tried waxing my brows before. I will definitely try it, especially that it doesn't hurt ( what a relief).

9. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I pluck my own. I know this is something which I do on a regular basis, but even then I still look like my brows are all over the place.

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I wax and pluck. I prefer using those waxing strips instead of using hot wax because of the possibility of burning. Ouch.

And sure, it does hurt the first time or two, but after that, it really doesn't hurt much at all. The hair grows in thinner and those hard roots aren't there any more, so it doesn't feel any worse than a pinch. I know people often say that, but really, that's how it is after the first few times. It just gets so much easier and less painful so once you get there, you never look back.

11. iamPIN

iamPINNew Member

Threads:
    I go to the salon and have the threading done to my brows. Yeah, it hurts more than plucking and I have had done it for so many times yet I still can't get used to the pain. I would always ask the stylist to take pauses because of the pain. I would want to try waxing too and see which works better for me. Both are painful, I know, but it is worth it!:)

12. couponaholic

couponaholicBanned

Threads:
    I think it's best to just head to the salon and let a professional wax or thread your eyebrows. Never do it yourself because you are not the professional and if you mess up, it can take a while for hairs to grow back, unless you shave them. I over plucked some brow hairs and they took forever to grow back. It was very embarrassing. I had to use a liner and powder to fill the spots in and you could definitely tell it was filled in.

13. katharinemae

Threads:
    How long does it take before returning to the salon for another threading? I'm so done with the tedious shaving, the hairs grow back only after a day or two.