Thredup

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by KimmyMarkks • Nov 16, 2015.

1. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Has anyone tried this website/app? I am a fan of poshmark and I’ve heard this app was similar. It seems more complicated because you mail in your items and they either accept of reject them. If they reject them they will donate them unless you pay $12.99 to have them shipped back. Does anyone know what the consignment fee is? I can’t imagine they take much since they don’t have much overhead costs.

Does any one know?

2. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually joined thred up. I haven't used the site yet, but I will at some point. I like great clothes, and when I get some money I htink I will buy some. Thredup looks like an interesting site, and one that i think I will benefit from in the future. I am glad I heard about it.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Good to know! Have you sold anything yet? I'm worried that if I join this site I will only shop! I am looking to sell items which is why I use Poshmark often.

4. Corald

CoraldMember

Threads:
    I actually considered joining this site after I watched a few video reviews about it. The reviews seemed to be positive and so I went looking on the website. I didn't join then and it has been some time so I don't know what the reviews would be now. I hope you get some good responses so I can benefit from them as well.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have been given free credits for the site and it looks nice, but they never have clothes in my size so I just have the credits sitting in my account. Wow, that is a high fee to pay to get your clothes back. I wonder if they really are donating items or if they are just reselling them on ebay. Sounds a little fishy to me.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I checked the app out but they were looking for high end clothing which I do not have. They are picky about what brands they take, but it is nice that you can look up the brands they take before sending them in. I do not think that I will ever use this site since I do not want my clothes to be donated if they do not accept them and I am not paying that much to get clothes back that belong to me. I think it would just be easier to take them to a consignment shop than use this app.