Thrift Shopping.

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Casiox • Jul 27, 2016.

1. whysewserious

whysewseriousMember

Threads:
    With the right timing and patience, though, you really can find top brands. I forgot to mention that going to "better" parts of town, where higher income individuals live, will yield better items at thrift shops.

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I meant for working outdoors and getting dirty, but I see your point.

I'm really not "fancy." I like nice things, but not overly elaborate, just nice. I like good quality and tasteful appearances, and if I can get that at a reasonable price to boot, I'm happy.

You have described it perfectly. It is like a treasure hunt for me as well. I especially love finding items that are new. Sometimes, they still have a set of tags on them, but they're a fraction of the retail store's price. I love that.

The unique little treasures are also great. I don't like to have all the same "trendy" stuff that everyone else has.

3. Dybbuk Jones

Dybbuk JonesNew Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my clothing from thrift stores, but I have stopped buying shoes from these locations. Shoes look new but they can fall apart within weeks. I don't know why that is, but I have never bought stable shoes from thrift. Now shirts and pants can last for years. The only challenge is finding the clothes that fit.