Thrift Store Finds

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by zoeysmama2011 • Feb 17, 2013.

1. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I had to dedicate an entire post to thrift store finds. I would love for people to reply and/ or post pictures of their favorite thrift store finds. The best thing I ever found at my local thrift store, was a genuine Fendi bag ( I had it authenticated). I only paid $10 plus tax for it! No matter how much money I make, I will always thrift. Why pay full price, when you can find it for 1/10th of the price? So let me know, what''s the best handbag or clothing item or etc, that you have found at a consignment or thrift store. :)

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I am impressed with your bravery with buying the Fendi bag. I was just wondering where you went to have it authenticated. I have been leery of buy designer bags at thrift stores in the past for this very reason.

3. zoeysmama2011

Threads:
    I'm also extremely leery of fake bags at thrift stores, so I always go to the cobbler store by me, and have them take a look at it. In addition, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, post pictures of the outside, inside, serial number and design on The Purse Forum. I don't know if you have ever heard of it, but they have people who have been collecting handbags for years, and people that have actually worked with certain handbag companies, that know how to authenticate bags you post pictures of, to the best of their ability. After getting several opinions, I'm pretty confident in my Fendi find.

4. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    As far as a thrift find, I only have a personal favorite. I don't find too many clothing or accessory deals. I had always wanted an Easy Bake Oven as a kid. It was my must have gift one Christmas and I didn't get it. I found one in great condition for $2 and it works great.

#4Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  5. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Wow about the Fendi bag! That is true luck.
    If I ever saw something from Chanel I would probably faint and someone else would get to purchase it. Haha. I feel that for those people who truly take the time to look for good things always find a few valuable items for the fraction of the price. It is truly amazing.
    I have always shopped in these stores when I am feeling creative because I love getting porcelain mugs and bowls and I love to create little projects from them by repainting them.

6. zoeysmama2011

Threads:
    Awww. That is so sweet. I would consider anything that you were pining after but couldn't afford or get your hands on, at a fraction of the price, is a great find. Congrats on your find! Lol. For thrifting, you have to have a certain amount of patience and some time on your hands.

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love to thrift store shop also. You can find some great buys and some designer items. I have found a designer bag there also and have never taken it no place. I guess you can say I am not into all that and thought my daughter might want it and she didn't, so I said ok, I will give it to someone.

8. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I never knew about a thift store until my mother got married when I was 16 and her husband liked going to the thrift stores. He got her started and now, I even go every once and awhile. It is nice to see what all people give away and it be in nice condition. I am happy that you got a nice Fendi bag and your Easy bake oven. I loved mine as a child. I have purchased a lot of nice cookware from the Thrift Stores and got some nice silverware.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is a great story. I had an Easy Bake Oven as a kid. I loved it.

My best thrift store find was a laptop computer. I found a ThinkPad donated by the local school district. I love ThinkPads. It was in great condition and I still use it. I only paid $50 for it. It sold for $4000 when they first went on the market.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A few years back we wanted to give my grandson a leap pad but the cost was higher than I wanted to pay. My daughter and I were shopping at the thrift store, the one thing I wanted was a working leap pad. It was there, in good shape. A leap pad brand new was about $30 at the thrift store it was $2.

I started going to thrift stores when I was a kid, I like the demi cups and started a collection with the cups I found at the thrift stores. Thrift store shopping is a form of relaxing for me, I call it treasure hunting.

11. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I've found nice dresses, but nothing as exciting as a Fendi bag! I hear about these sort of things all the time, but I think that by the time I get there either everything has been picked over or the thrift store employees have picked set things aside for themselves. Maybe that stuff never makes it because we have consignment stores here where people can re-sell those items.

12. zoeysmama2011

Threads:
    I would definitely take another look after you have always looked. I find if I have some time on my hands.I can go into the thrift store the first time and not find a thing. I'll go have lunch or something of that nature, and then come back and actually take my time and look. I remember going in the thrift store last week, the first time and not finding anything. After coming back, I decided to look in their $1 tote bag bin. It was filled with all sorts of weird, not quality little bags, but as I dug in, Low and behold, I found a small Longchamp Le Pliage tote bag hiding underneath! Best find to date! It was $15, and so worth it. I had been contemplating buying one at Macy's. But my patience paid off! Yay!

13. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I concur! I don't like to pay full price when you can find the same item but for a much lessor price at a thrift store. I have found countless of great items at thrift stores such as, dresses, jewelry, handbags, and other clothing. Last week, I went thrifting, and I purchased five dressy tops for an aggregate of $13. If I were to have shopped at Forever 21, I could only purchase one item for that price, and it would have to be purchased from the jewelry section. Sometimes, one could find great deals at Forever 21; last night when I was online, I found a lovely dress for the price of $8.99. So, one could find great deals at that Forever 21 so I suggest taking advantage of that when given the opportunity.

14. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    The other day I had an appt near an area that has a huge thrift store that I hadn't been to in a while. I decided to check it out after my appt with the intention of only looking through their scarves for head wraps. I didn't find a scarf but I did find a chocolate colored genuine leather jacket from Old Navy collection for $5.95. Crazy! The leather quality is great and I imagine at regular price it would have been between $150 - $200 easy. The cut is perfect and fits me so well. It'll add so much style and attitude to whatever I wear. Perfect for cool spring nights and fall days.

15. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love going to the thrift stores and haven't been there for a long time because I been trying to keep up with the bills that I had to pay but it's time for me to get back in the groove and get to my favorite store. You can find almost anything you want there and pay little or nothing almost for it. I can't wait to get back to my habit.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've found a lot of odds and ends at thrift stores, a pair of fabulous gold high heels, a cute camel colored coat, an Xbox with 2 controllers, a Sega Dreamcast, a bunch of DVD's for $3 each including Kill Bill Vol. 2., an older working Dell computer with Windows XP for $85, 2 lamps, 2 tall metal filing cabinets for $20 each, a white bookcase for $15 and countless coffee cups and dishes.

17. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Haha! This is very cute. I am sure that people who wanted things as a child could find so many antique like things similar to what they always dreamed of for an incredible price.
    I have always seen 80% off discounts in the thrift stores near me. It is just too amazing!