Thrift Stores

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by difrancprod • Apr 16, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    How many of you still go to your local thrift stores to purchase clothes? I still go and I everytime I go to one, it never fails to surprise me finding some really cool stuff. I bought a leather jacket for only $10! What about you? What's the cheapest cool stuff you found lately on your local thrift store? :)

2. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love thrift store shopping but since I don't like a lot of things and I don't go shopping until I need something so I can keep my closet clean, then I only go when it's a need and then I take what I don't want with me to give to them so I can keep my closet as neat as possible. No hoarding or junk.

3. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Not any more. I would rather search and look for bargains online.

4. Kam735

Kam735Member

Threads:
    I am always try reputed store because any thief store not have any quality or real product they always used another brand tag to normal outfit and sell in high price and they always cheat with us.

____________________________________________________________________________
    I Love to Buy from

site.

5. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    Now that I'm moving, I look for a lot of furniture at thrift stores and consignment shops. I have so far found and end table, a night stand, a comfy little toddler chair for my daughter and some beautiful paintings. All for way less than I would have spent at IKEA or something and in fabulous condition, I might add. I haven't had much time to go clothing shopping at any of the thrift stores by me, but as soon as summer hits, I'm counting on those half price days, at the thrift store, to get my summer wardrobe started.

6. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    The thrift stores my locale are absolute rubbish. The stores smell fusty. The clothes smell fusty. I'm convinced that even the people who volunteer in them smell fusty. There is absolutely nothing worth buying, because people are not donating items until they are literally on their last legs. And one of the stores (I won't name it) has started charging outlandish prices for stuff. In some circumstances, they are charging more for a second hand top than I would pay if I went to a store and bought a similar top brand new. That's definitely not right in my opinion!

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Those are the kind of stores that you should walk out of since they are musty and all. I know what you mean when you say charging more than what a new blouse would cost. I know we have some nice stores in my area and they carry nice things. Some of them are barely worn and you can get some miles out of them yourself before you dump them. Those are the kind of stores that I love to shop.

8. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I just moved a few months ago and I haven't been to my local thrift store yet. I feel like I should go, though, because I've found that every thrift store has a completely different experience. The thrift store near where I lived most recently was musty and the clothes were all shabby. The thrift stores near where I used to work, though, were all very high end and expensive. Maybe with any luck, the one near my house now will be a fortunate combination?

9. blowx3

blowx3New Member

Threads:
    I've actually never been inside a thrift store because it's not really my style. I can see why people would like I but it wouldn't just because I but what I need and if I went in there I'd end up buying stuff I don't need hahaa

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOVE! It's nice going into a store and not seeing 400 of the same item. I could spend all day in one. I'm picky about the ones I use though, since I don't trust a couple of them (stealing, money doesn't go where it is supposed to etc)..

11. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    You are so right, most of the thrift stores carry one of a kind items and no one will know exactly where you purchased whatever it is you are wearing and will come up and ask most of the time and you can tell them anything. You can make up your own designer store if you like and they will never know the difference. I love to shop there and it's at the right price.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I always go to these even just to browse around because even though I am not a big fan of wearing second hand clothing, I still find the stores very interesting and I like to see what people have given away and sold. The best thing that I like about thrift stores is that often you will find items that are very unique, and those are the ones that I really prefer buying whenever I do buy used clothes.

13. winnifred

winnifredMember

Threads:
    The thrift stores in my area are still on the expensive side. I know of online places like Twice.com that sells high end clothes at a reduced rate. Sometimes online is a better bargain than store bought thrift items.

14. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    I love thrift stores, but there are some that are more junky than others. I love looking for treasures, other than clothes, so I do that in the junky stores. The ones around here do have some decent clothes if you want to dig. I've even seen some clothes with the price tag still on them. I always buy my coats at thrift stores. I have found several coats that look hardly worn for just a few dollars.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't usually go to thrift stores unless there is one near my place, so since there is none right now, I haven't purchased a cheap thrift store item for quite a while now. But when I chance upon a thrift store when I see one then I will definitely check it out.

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Thrift stores are great bargain centers and I love them. When you shop there you don't have to worry about someone having the same outfit that you have for sure and then those items that you see in regular stores that you need maybe there for a little or nothing.

17. winnifred

winnifredMember

Threads:
    The thrift stores in my are are actually more expensive and high end than the regular stores. I tend to find better deals at places like TJ Maxx or Burlington Coat Factory.

But I am looking into online thrift shopping. A website called Liketwice.com has caught my eye. One day I think I will order from them since they have high quality clothes at reasonable prices.