Throwing away stuff

Discussion in Home & Garden started by MrsJones • Dec 1, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have thrown away my old clothes and I do not have any regrets. I believe that I am doing the right job and there can be nothing better than that. I prefer to throw away most of my worn out clothes.

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    We don't necessarily "throw" away our stuff because that would be nothing but an utter waste. Rather, we give our old stuff to our relatives and just this Christmas season, I gave away most of my clothes to my cousins who are living in the province. They don't have much in life and we try to help them as much as we can. That and the fact that I grew so much withing the past year that most of my clothes doesn't fit me anymore. :(

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never regret throwing house stuff out at all because I hate clutter. I like clean lines and being able to see everything without having to rummage through the cupboards. There's a very fine line between having too many things and being a hoarder, and we all know where hoarding leads; a VERY unkempt house.

The only thing I sometimes regret chucking out is clothes, because sometimes I forget I've given something away! But I usually give away clothes that don't fit but are still in good condition, barely worn or brand new. Clothes that I haven't worn in a year have to go.

4. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I recently threw away some green ribbon, made of satin and some other material. I like to do crafts, and I've had this ribbon for years because it was so pretty, but after awhile I guess I just felt like since I haven't used it yet, I might as well get rid of it.

Every time I would look at that ribbon, I would go through these mental hurdles of, "Where should I use this?"
    The other day I saw it in my room, and I grabbed it and threw it out. Of course now I think, "I could have used that for scrapbooking, or maybe for wrapping a present." But I hadn't done it yet so I guess it was time for me to get rid of it.

There are a lot of things that I get rid of that I regret later, but that is all a part of the throwing away process. That's the part that sucks, but it feels good to get rid of things that you don't need anymore.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to give stuff away or recycle if possible, but if something’s completely worn out or useless, or I have a higher-quality replacement, I have no qualms about throwing a thing away. Or if it’s embarrassing. I think the last thing I got rid of was a pile of notebooks and papers that were all tied up in old expectations and standards. It felt so liberating. I used to be a packrat, but I much prefer having only what I need, rather than a load of stuff I’ll barely use.

Don’t look in my makeup drawer, though…

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I'm living for the time being is in close proximity to a Goodwill store, so anything that is still usable goes there. I read an article on Pinterest today about how de-trashing is a fast way to declutter, so I just went around my rooms with a trash bag and grabbed anything that looked like trash, from expired coupons to fast food receipts. I got rid of two small bags of trash.