Tide Pods are my new favorite laundry product

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JimBobIII • Jul 11, 2012.

1. JimBobIII

JimBobIIINew Member

Threads:
    If you don't know what they are, they're basically little packets of concentrated detergent that you toss into your washer. The wrapper dissolves away so you don't have to deal with it, and I always seem to get a good clean out of them. No measuring - just one pod for a normal load, two for a really bad one. No sticky detergent getting everywhere, either, and they're pretty easy to store. There're also stain lifting pods, too, which are great for greasy work clothing and such.

The only downside is that they're really kind of expensive, but there are free sample opportunities all around the web; I've gotten nearly a dozen free loads.

Overall, I'd have to say 8/10 - very convenient, pretty powerful, but not really the cheapest option.

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, I've seen these before in the store, but I was afraid to try them. They look like they work well, and I need to try them for myself. I will try to find a free sample online somewhere to try them out. How many do you get when you buy them in the store?

3. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I've seen the Tide Pods around my local Target and they come in various sizes. I think the biggest is you can buy a container with 30 packets in it. What worries me is what happens if one of the pods break and the innards get all over the other pods.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This sounds good no more messy measuring. I have been wanting to try them. Just needed to know that they worked. Thanks for the review.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    That's a definite possibility I would be sure to check the box when I buy them. I wonder which one will you get more washes with the Tide Pods, or the regular detergent? I'm guessing the pods have 30 washes that should be good enough, but the Tide detergent you can cut back on the amount you add to your wash.

6. leyash

leyashActive Member

Threads:
    I love the Tide pods as well! They are almost about cheaper than liquid laundry detergent, and they work very well! They are so easy to use, and I love the way that they smell.

7. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the info. Maybe you could add those free samples to the freebies section if you know where they are on the web. I don't use them that often because of the prises, but they do an amazing job.

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, I did a thread about them a few weeks ago when I got them for my mother. She loves them. I just ordered another bag of 40 for her today from Soap.com. They've come in really handy for her as she no longer has to lift a bottle or even reach down to the floor for one. They've even increased the scents in number.

9. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    Stupid question. You just throw the pod right in with your laundry. As in in top of your laundry? I had some notion that it goes in the top hole in the middle thing but that doesn't make sense. I have a bunch of samples here but was afraid to use them.

10. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    It's not a stupid question. You put the pod wherever you would put the regular detergent that you use. So, if you are using a personal washing machine, it goes with the clothes. If you are using a commercial washing machine, I would put it in the thing on top of the machine. Now, I haven't personally used them in a commercial machine, so there is a chance that it would be better to throw them in with the clothes.

However, the best thing about that situation is that you can quickly see if that will work. And now that I am writing, you probably would want to throw it in with the clothes as the pod packaging seems to dissolve in the heat of the water. Put it in a place that you can easily reach in and grab it, if you are using a commercial machine. Since you have samples, you can experiment and get back to us if you're at a laundromat. :D