Tips for coping with a miscarriage?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by joyful728 • Jan 11, 2015.

1. joyful728

joyful728Active Member

Threads:
    I recently had a miscarriage :( and am not handling it well. I am very depressing. I do have two other children, who I am VERY grateful for, of course. But I am so sad about losing this baby.

Does anyone have advice for getting over depression from a miscarriage? Thanks for any help!

2. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I am very sorry for your loss. A miscarriage is something you learn to live with over time. It's a huge loss and there is nothing anyone can say or do that will make things better. You just have to give yourself sometime to get past it. Notice, I didn't say get over it. You may never get over it, but as you already know, life does go on. Take time for yourself when you need it, and enjoy the moments you have with your two children. Not everyone even gets to have one child so you're already blessed in that you have those two.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Let me just say how sorry I am for your loss. Its not an easy thing to go through, here you were planning for your child only to have such a loss. I can't begin to imagine what you are going through. My mother had a few miscarriages and she told me that its hard because for you this was already a baby, and you never quite get over that loss, you carry it with you. My best advice is to maybe seek out a support group of women who had miscarriages or maybe talk to a close personal friend. Something else you could do and I have found that it helps me in difficult times put your feelings down in writing. Even if you just write a letter to the baby you lost, yes it won't be easy but sometimes letting the pain out in words can help to make you feel better.