Tips for planning a trip to Disneyland!

Discussion in Travel started by hawynstud • May 27, 2012.

1. hawynstud

hawynstudNew Member

Threads:
    Hello everyone,

I want to plan a trip to Disneyland for the family and would like some tips on how to get the most bang for our buck. I live in Hawaii so there are going to be flight costs involved, but I would appreciate any information you can provide even if it is just a website with information or discounts. Thanks.

2. Shell323

Shell323Member

Threads:
    I don't have any specific websites to send you but some of my favorite money saving tips are kind of simple. I don't stay on Disney property, there are literally hundreds if not thousands of hotels within a few miles that will charge low room rates. Also another thing that my boyfriend and I did when we took our girls to Disney was to buy gift-cards to restaurants near our hotel before leaving for the trip. This may seem silly, but there are people who will sell gift-cards on Ebay for less than their value to receive some spendable cash. There are also sites that you can purchase gift-cards on, but BE CAREFUL, for every single legitimate site there are probably 10 scam sites. The best advice I can give on all fronts is to do your research. You'd be surprised how much you can save by being informed.

3. hawynstud

hawynstudNew Member

Threads:
    Hello Shell,

Thanks for those tips. I like the tip about staying in a hotel off the Disney property, that makes a lot of sense. Do you know the site your boyfriend used to buy the gift cards? I know food can be a big cost when going on vacations, especially if you are eating out all the time.

4. Jacek

JacekNew Member

Threads:
    I have been to Disneyland three times, loved it every time. I stay right across the street from the main gate of Disneyland. There are hotels that have a continental breakfast included. The farther away from the main gate the less expensive the hotel. You can take a shuttle back and forth to the park. I prefer to stay close to main gate as I would come out of the park for some of my meals. There are a lot of restaurants in that area, so after lunch or dinner we would go to the hotel and relax or go to the pool for a break before heading back into the parks. I have always booked from Disneyland directly because you get some perks you can't get from another travel agency, for example Toon Town Madness. If you are flexible with your dates go the Disney website and check for sales. They will have free Disney dining, kids fly free (12 and under), 1 night free if staying 3 nights, or park passes on sale. I have always planned around a sale to make the trip more affordable. You can look into Disney dining plans as they save you money if you want to eat at the park for a few meals.

Check out the special offers they have on their website.

5. vk kapoor

vk kapoorMember

Threads:
    Planning a trip can be impatient, but worth it. Plan a couple weeks ahead and get all the info from Disneyland.com Including the park hours and events that day.

6. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    These tips are useful for me Disney is one of the special place for all the peoples or visitor everybody have wished to see charter,s in Disney may be my family member, so would be gone..

7. parisebook

parisebookNew Member

Threads:
    Good job ;) Many thanks

8. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Jacek! You have done a great job. I really like your sharing. Disney land is my dreamland. Once I have been there with my cousin and it was a great time that we spent there. I cannot describe in words that how excited I was during my trip. I think it is the place where the people of all ages want to go. It’s all rides and coasters are amazing. I cannot forget that tour. I am eager to go there as soon as possible.

9. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    We stayed at the Park Vue Inn. It was actually a shorter walk to the parks than the Disney owned hotels. There was juice on reception, a nice deluxe continental breakfast (eggs, sausage, etc. I don't remember whether there were waffles). I paid about $70 per night through Expedia a little over a year ago. Here's a link to the Tripadvisor reviews: