Tips For Speeding Up Internet

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by jamiew23 • Apr 5, 2015.

1. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Its seems like you opened this thread on my behalf. I have all good device infact best ones. Running a internet cafe and you won't believe i have all best companies devices and still some time it goes like i have spent nothing on it. Some time i use to hear that while modems get heated up it does effect negatively on modems. Please also share your thoughts on this and all discussion was already useful for me as well.

2. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    Sorry for saying this but that's a pretty awful connection you have there. The only solution I can think off right now is to upgrade your subscription. I'm not sure from what country you are from here in our country, your worst enemy is the Telco. They suck big time if providing better internet service. I'm also using Sky (Not sure if we have the same network) but my subscription is up to 16Mbps. This connection is already OK for me because the transmission is stable. I'm able to download 1 GB file for less 15 minutes so I'm good. I wish you the best in finding the best Internet Service in your location.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I make sure that I clear browsing history and occasionally cookies though the latter are inconvenient to clear since you will not access websites easily. Currently, there is a campaign to upgrade from 3G to 4G which is being offered for free. An old computer can be reinvigorated with a solid state hard drive.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We are in the same boat. I have really a problem about my Internet speed connection. It is weak. It works like the turtle pace. It is very embarrassing, especially when you want to download good music, video and even images from the Internet. So much with the speed in browsing. It is to my dismay such very slow speed. At this time, I have a new Internet provider. I am using PLDT Home DSL for my previous Internet provider is Globe. I am just wasting my money for such network. At lease in my present network is working considerably though speed is still the problem.

5. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    For an online earner nothing is worse than a slow net connection. Generally wifi is faster to a certain limit after which the speed sucks.

Try and minimize streaming as much as possible to preserve the speed.

6. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    Try upgrading the plan. That's the best possible fix for a faster internet speed. Try deleting temp files and cookies. Restart your modem once a week. Turn off your antivirus if it is slowing your internet.

See if you have installed any add ons or plugins. They can 've really painful at times causing the internet to slow down considerably. Disable the unwanted add ons and plugins.

Another important fix which most people overlook: See if your internet is twisted. That causes data losses and slows your internet. Keep your cable untwisted and straight.

7. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried a 4G mobile broadband connection. It is really amazing and got lightning speed in our location. I live in a rural area where mobile signal strength is not great. Earlier I was also losing patience because of very slow internet on 3G. But 4G works like a wonder. Moreover, you can take it anywhere you wish if you have a laptop or tablet.

I was planning to go for a landline broadband connection, but gave up the idea as my new 4G Huawei Wingle is amazing. I also got an option for external antenna.

8. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    You are not alone in that situation. I've also experienced turtle-like internet connection speed and it's very annoying. Streaming videos can be a huge dilemma even just browsing and loading the Facebook page. Have you checked your router's IP if anyone aside from you has been using or sharing your connection? Because it can be one factor why you have a slow internet connection.

What I did was I changed the IP of my router and refreshed it. Now it's working a bit faster than before. You can try doing that as well. Cheers! :D

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in Hawaii. I shopped for a good internet service and found one that gives with subscription free 24/7 tech services and 7 MBPS too. The problem seems to be a very low MBP, one is too little. My internet service costs $9.99 plus tax, but I need a landline to have the connection. It works good for me. 1 MBP is too little to have a decent internet use. Some companies have bundle services where you can get internet cheaper with the bundle service. Good luck!

10. ptahm22

ptahm22Active Member

Threads:
    Poor internet speed can be fixed through the following ways.
    1. Check your speed and plan. Maybe you're paying for slow internet. Call your provider and get to know the plan you're paying for. Go to speedtest.net and test the speed. If it's fine then you have no problem but if it's slow you need to upgrade.
    2. Troubleshoot your Hardware. Turning on and off your router and computer to check if it's a hardware problem.
    3.Turn Off Bandwidth-Hogging Plugins and Apps. If your hardware seems to be in working order, see if any other programs are hogging the connection.
    4. Try a different DNS server.
    5. Optimize your web for slow connection. Use mobile or HTML version for your favourite sites. You can also disable images. This will improve the speed.

11. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I thought I had issues with my internet speed, but actually the problem was with my computer, not the internet speed, so that is something we might need to take a look at. If we have old computers, the RAM memory might be blocking everything, so we might need and upgrade or even a new computer.

12. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I also do experience sluggish internet sometimes especially on my mobile. Like someone did said you can double check with your internet service provider to be sure the actual bandit you bought is what is actually served. On my mobile I use data, as a step towards ensuring faster internet I was advised to always sign out apps not in use. You can also try that.

#32Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  13. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    On the phone it just might be connectivity issues, considering we are connected to the wifi. Sometimes we pick up the signal, other times we don't, so it can also depend on that. Whenever this happens I simply connect my data, as I have 2GB per month, and it's more than enough for me.