Tips on Effectively Washing Clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Dec 6, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    If you wash your clothes effectively, they last longer. Your garments are less likely to get holes are tears in them. Here's a few things I do.

1. Clean my washer. Prevents the build up of mold and other substances that make clothes smelly.
    2. Purchase quality detergent. Tide is a top-notch brand that maintains the color and shape of a clothing piece.
    3. Use proper temperatures. Reduces the chance of colors bleeding because of heat.
    4. Turn clothes inside out. Prevents snags from clothes rubbing together.
    5. Dry according to instructions. Minimizes shrinkage or the 'doll-sized sweater syndrome'.

2. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I am always looking for good tips on helping me wash. I have faced so many problems in the past relating to washing. I have lost so many good clothes as well during the wash and dry cycle. The main problem I always have is washing big brand clothing, because I hate washing something that I absolutely love but does not know how to wash. Especially clothes with dark colors which are the worst.

3. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I stumbled upon this a few years ago when washing two fleece sweaters. They were new, and had been worn just once. Mine was inside-out, and my husbands wasn't. I didn't bother "fixing" mine before putting them in the wash. The difference between the two when they came out of the dryer was amazing! Mine still looked brand new, while the other one definitely looked used.

Turning things inside out before putting them in the washer does take time, but it is well worth it. I now make sure I turn everything inside out before putting it in the laundry hamper.

4. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Thanks for these tips! I usually just send it to the laundry people. But in case I will need to do it on my own, I will definitely follow these instructions.