Tips On Saving Electricity

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by Alexandoy • Apr 8, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I got this from the news, as advice to save electricity this summer.

1. First is the consciousness to turn off lights and appliances that are not being used, not to forget to unplug the appliances because some appliances consume electricity even when turned off (an example is the digibox of the cable tv).

2. Limit your ironing of the clothes to twice a week, better if once a week, and unplug the flat iron when there are only 2 clothes left to iron.

3. When the air conditioner is not running, open windows to get more ventilation.

4. Defrost the refrigerator at least once a month. A frosted refrigerator wastes electricity.

5. Adjust the brightness of your tv – the brighter, the more power it needs.

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the number one suggestions for it saves so much money. We read an article about unplugging to save money. Then we saw on TV a special on saving money by unplugging anything not in use. It has saved us lots of money monthly. Unplugging saves your digital TV from wearing out too fast too. When I bought my Insignia TV, the tech said to unplug the TV every time you don't use the TV so your TV will last longer.

3. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips, especially the 4th one. I was not aware of this fact. Though, in new age freezes ice does not accumulate, still it would be wise to defrost the appliance once in a while for better efficiency.
    Rather than usage, we lose a substantial amount of electricity in hidden power loss. Changing the old devices, switches and plugs could save a good chunk of it.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    These are some really helpful @Alexandoy@Alexandoy. I often forget to switch off the lights in my room and my mum will just scold me to save electricity. Thank you for reminding us about saving electricity at the right time. I will reduce my t.v brightness and will remember to switch off lights correctly hereafter. I only iron my clothes once a week thus saving electricity :)

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on how wisely you use your electrical appliances. No amount of suggestions work unless you have perfect awareness about your consumption habits. If you are no respect for energy consumption then you're not only harming your own budget but harming the cause of future generations too. If I can work without turning on a light but simply sliding the curtain which provides me enough daylight I will do that rather than wasting precious energy.

6. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I didn't know that unplugging the TV would prolong its useful life something I have really taken note of.that information. Utilizing LED and inverter technologies is a very effective method saving on electricity costs: Refrigerators containing LED lighting and inverter technology, lighting provided by LED bulbs, and inverter-powered air conditioning systems can really produce a huge reduction in the electricity costs.

7. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    All of those little things add up, and I am so glad that the weather is getting nice here because that is when I really can start to save. Windows open and natural light all day certainly help.