Tips to cure fever

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by thenextGeek • Sep 29, 2012.

1. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I have an extremely high fever right now and I really want to get cured already. I tried sleeping the whole day already but every time I wake up, the fever gets higher and higher. Can you guys provide some natural tips regarding on how I can make this fever disappear? My mother thinks that it is a dengue fever.

2. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I would not take chances with a raging fever like that if I were you.
    You could get very sick and delirious if your temperature is not brought under control.
    Call your Doctor for an appointment as soon as possible and get there quickly.
    You can only find out if it is Dengue or not with a blood test. Dengue is no laughing matter - it is a serious illness and you should not be taking chances with your life.
    It could be flu or some other viral fever but you need a proper diagnosis, for which you need to see your doctor and have some tests done first.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    When you have fever you should be infected by a virus or bacteria so no natural remedy would help you that quick. You could just take paracetamol tablet every four hours for a day or two. If fever persist then you have to call your doctor. Dengue fever does not just present with fever. It is commonly accompanied by abdominal pain and vomiting.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would suggest that you take Nasatapp tablet, after 2 tablets you will see a noticeable improvement and you will immediately feel better. But if you are displaying the common symptoms of dengue fever like having a high fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, backaches, joint pain and rashes, then you should already go to the doctor asap.

#4Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  5. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    When I had a fever my mom would force me to take a freezing shower for 1-2 minutes. My now husband uses the remedy of rubbing alcohol. Rub rubbing alcohol on your upper body generously including face and top of your head. Get into bed and pull the covers to your neck or over your head. The rubbing alcohol clears up your sinuses and within a few minutes you'll be sweating out the fever. It's worked for me twice over the course of a few hours overnight. I don't know how long you've been with fever but if it's high still just go to ER. You don't want to play with your health.Feel better.

6. vjykmr89

vjykmr89Member

Threads:
    When you say "cure a fever", I get the impression you think that a fever is an illness. It's not. It's a symptom. Use an antipyretic. This is a medicine that interferes with the body's natural ability to produce pyrogens, chemicals that elevate body temperature. Antipyretics are Tylenol and ibuprofen. But even if you reduce a fever, you still haven't solved the cause of the fever. Once you can maintain a temp within a normal range on your own and without the help of an antipyretic for 24 hours, you can return to whatever it is you need to do on Monday.