Tips to make waking up easier?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by MoniqueSeibel • Dec 5, 2012.

1. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    It seems regardless of the amount of sleep I've had, I always have such a hard time getting out of bed. Does anybody have any tips on how to make getting up a little easier?

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Well, in order to be "safe" about the whole thing, I would be remiss if I did not first say that you should visit your doctor to make sure that there is nothing physically wrong with you.
    After you get the clean bill of health from the doc, you can then be open to experiment with certain things to see if anything you try works for you. Although, I must say that for me, getting out of bed in the morning is never a feat that is done without some resistance from the body. The mornings are cold and early, the bed is warm and cozy:). I think most people have trouble getting out of bed in the morning. For many people however, that sleepy, almost comatose feeling that one has when they first wake up in the morning, usually wears off once you have been up for about 10-15 minutes.

If, after being up for 15 minutes you are still feeling groggy, you could do several things, over a period of time, and see which one works for you.

Do you take vitamins? Perhaps you need more iron, so an iron supplement may be in order, along with a daily multi-vitamin. Of course, if you are taking any type of medication, be sure to ask your doctor about adding certain vitamins to the mix. Do you drink a lot of water? If not, you could try to up your water intake during the day. You will find that drinking a lot of water tends to alleviate fatigue during the hours that you are awake, so upping your water intake during the day would probably help you feel a bit more refreshed in the morning hours. Give it a few days to work.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I've noticed that it helps when I brew a pot of coffee the night before and leave it covered on the stove. That way I don't have to wait for it in the morning, and I get my caffeine shot just that much more quickly. Perhaps an oversimplification, but it helps me.

4. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like this one, but it does seem to work. I get up at the same time everyday. I could sleep in on weekends, but I've found if I set the alarm for the same time each day, most of the time I wake up just fine. I used to hit the snooze several times, but since I've been doing this, it's been better. I do have to catch a nap sometimes.

5. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Simple Tips

I'm going to share with you some simple tips that will let you wake up in a better way:

• - Take orange blossom tea, Tila, Valerian or lettuce before bed help you sleep more easily and deeply. We give away the feeling of having slept much.
    • - Leave your bedroom clean and tidy; awaken provide a place to find things faster and feel motivated to start the week better.
    • - Choose a song you like to wake up, wake up with loud noises make you open your eyes bad.
    • - Removes accumulated stress through exercise, will help you relax. Athletes always sleep better than someone who does not generate movement. Just avoid practicing right before bedtime.
    • - Motivate yourself to wake up thinking about the delicious breakfast awaits you in how good you will look with the clothes you put on that day, a prize that you'll buy my way to work.
    • - Beware naps are a double-edged sword, might help you get some rest, but also steal the dream of the night. Do not make too attached to the night.
    • - Don't get addicted to sleeping pills, long cause you much trouble falling asleep naturally. Avoid them.

I hope this is helpful to your question. :D

6. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    The only advise I could give you is drink lots of water and get that cup of coffee or tea that you like and that should help with your grogginess and you should be ready to go. Another tip would be to jump in the shower as soon as you wake and that will give you a real refresher to wake up.

7. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting post. Well, I don't know if this will work for you, but it sometimes does for me. Before I got to sleep, I'll meditate on the exact time I want to wake up. My body then automatically wakes me up at the time in the morning. Now, this is obviously not really reliable, but it helps my body expect when I'll wake up.

8. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    All you need to do is set your body clock to the time you want to wake up.
    Going to bed early helps. sound proof your room or get the noise makers out.
    Keep visualizing in your mind the time you need to wake up, bring into the picture the sounds and smells of the morning.
    Tell yourself you will wake up at ___ time. Go to bed setting your alarm to ring at the required time. Have a jump but not too loud song as your alarm.
    set it to ring for every three minutes.
    Keep it a little further form your bed so that you need to get out of bed to switch it off.
    This works for most people. Hope it helps you.

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I respectfully disagree! I do not recommend setting a song you like as an alarm at all. We all hate waking up early, don't we? Every time you hear that song again you will (maybe unconsciously) associate it with waking up and you won't like it anymore.

That is why I prefer to wake up to default alarms on my cellphone.

10. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I'm in the exact same boat as you. It seems no matter what I do, it's extremely difficult to wakeup. The only thing I can do is to set three alarms: one alarm is the pre-alarm, the second alarm is the actual alarm and the third one is the post-alarm to make sure that I am fully awake. I hate getting up in the mornings, but I have to in order to earn an income.

11. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    Maybe you're tired in the morning because you're not getting good quality sleep. Whenever this happens to me I lay for a few minutes and think about what I need to do that day; this is usually enough to hype me up enough to roll out of bed. Then I get up, make coffee, brush my teeth and wash my face with cold water. By the time I'm sipping my first coffee I'm awake and ready to face the day.

12. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    The first one that comes to mind: don't make it 'about you.' You have a purpose to fulfill, and THAT PURPOSE is what is powering your 'spirit' to push your body through the morning!

I don't usually have a schedule to meet in the morning, so I don't use an alarm-clock. So the best advice I could give there is 'go to bed at the same time every night (because you can't really control when your body's ready to wake up ... oh, you can control many of the 'factors of readiness'; but there are a few uncontrollable variables---sometimes there, sometimes not).'

Yes, you may 'lie awake' there---not being 'really tired' yet. That's when you might meditate. Start with your eyes closed, mentally repeating some 5- or 10-syllable mantra (like the Korean Sanskrit Nam-Myo-ho-Ren-ge-Kyo) and your mind will know what to do. (and be sure to allow the time for the sleep you usually take, just in case your alarm-clock doesn't wake you).

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't have a hard time waking up so it's hard for me to give tips, but I think we should sleep at least 7-8 hours per day and try to be overall fit, I am sure that will make a big difference on our mood when we wake up.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Get a dog... sounds ridiculous, I know! But the truth is ever since I got a dog I have not only been waking up early, but it's impossible to snooze the alarm over and over again like I used to because he won't let me. Once he sees I'm awake, he will jump over me and start licking me!
    But jokes aside, what I found that worked (before the dog) was to put the alarm further from my bed. That way I had to actually get up from the bed to snooze or turn it off, and then I'm already up!

15. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best way to deal with having trouble when waking up is to get yourself into a kind of routine. Set a time you need to wake up and do some fun stuff you like. Everyone has something they like so make sure you schedule that to be the first thing you do in the morning. That way, you'll look forward to waking up.

If you do that for a long while and your body gets programmed to waking up at that time, you won't have trouble getting up.

16. cabenb

cabenbMember

Threads:
    I use a couple different tactics to wake myself up. I wake up at 6:00 in the morning now, with no alarm clock. I started out using one, then on a regular basis I would wake up to the alarm clock, go drink a very large glass of really cold water. For me, cold water works better than coffee. I love coffee, but it just doesn't work as well as water. Also, before you go to bed you have to psych yourself out. Tell yourself you have to wake up at that time and that it is super important. If you do this over and over again, your body will naturally do it and won't be able to sleep past your natural time! I know it sounds really odd, but it works!

17. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wish I could give you some good advice, but I suffer from the same difficulty. What helps me to get up early, is to go to bed early. Which is easier said than done, as I am a night person. But I noticed that if I manage to fall asleep before 11 pm, I tend to be fresher and happier in the morning. Also I changed my alarm. I have got a really nice rooster crowing to me every morning. :)

18. FrugalFranny

FrugalFrannyNew Member

Threads:
    For me, every day when I wake up, I go straight to the restroom. I turn on some semi-cold water & splash my face with it. I also wash my face, afterwards. There are face-washes specifically designed to help wake you up. I believe there is one called, "Morning Blast", or something by Clearasil(sp?) or Neutrogena (can't remember). They probably both have washes like this. Before work, try stopping by a convenience stoe for a "5 hour energy shot". Those helped me when I was working at a retail store. "Key-holders" in the retail industry know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Basically we open & close the stores on time & setting everything up. But, yeah try those two things I recommended! Let me know how it works for you. Wish you luck! Remember, "Early Bird Gets The Worm"!!!:p

19. yossup

yossupMember

Threads:
    Actually, you just need to change your sleeping pattern. You said you can't wake up no matter how much you sleep. Oddly enough, sleeping more doesn't equal more rest and more energy. You can actually feel more tired from sleeping so much. You need to orient your sleeping schedule so that it matches your biological clock. Sleep at 10pm and wake up at 6am. That should do the trick. Just try to sleep at the right time and you'll be able to wake up well.

20. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no trouble waking up really, but my wife has lots of trouble waking up. I think it might depend on each person's organism or general health state, I really would like to know more. Back to the basics, the number of hours sleep you're getting also has a huge influence of course.