Tips When You Get Muscle Cramps On Your Leg

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by prettypal • Oct 12, 2017.

1. prettypal

prettypalNew Member

Threads:
    Usually, muscle cramps goes away gradually, by keeping my legs stretched out and steady for sometime. But sometimes, it doesn't work.

I found another solution. Drink a big glass of cold water (not chilled) and wait for 5 to 10 minutes. Muscle cramps gradually goes away. Relax by keeping your legs stretched and a little raised up. This should do the trick. It normally happens, when I break rest in the night.

Do you have another solution? Please share.

2. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, sometimes I get cramps and one that works for me,for the hamstrings(back of the thigh)is to turn the top of the foot(toes), towards you while your leg is straightened. This kind of stretches the muscle and then you can rub it as well, to help it relax. Make sure to drink plenty of water though, to prevent these cramps from happening-these fluids do help the muscles contract and relax better. Also light stretching and exercise at bedtime can help you from getting cramps while sleeping as well.

3. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I have learnt it the hard way. Muscle cramps are painful and it is only after finding out what causes muscle cramps I got to drinking water and the discovery is that blood pressure tablets drain out the fluid in our body causing these cramps.

4. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Warm water and massage usually helps. You can also make sure that you can add some sort of pain killer as well. Another thing is that muscles usually get cramps when you have issues with the skin and the sedentary lifestyle. So that part needs to be changed as well. You have to make sure of that as well. I have tried that and made it possible for myself to properly avoid this scenario.

5. nangk08

nangk08Active Member

Threads:
    @prettypal@prettypal thanks for the water tip. I sometimes experience painful leg cramps some time after I go to sleep at night and it wakens me up. I just lie in bed trying to stretch my leg and waiting for the cramp to go away. If it is too painful and persistent, I massage the area with a little coconut oil and it does help me a lot.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of the water tip before. I will try that when I get cramps. What I usually do when I get them is I just sleep it off. When the sleep is long enough then it will be gone when I wake up. If the sleep is short, the cramps is still there when I wake up, so I sleep again to get rid of it.

7. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Great tip, I have cramps in my legs from time to time and I have noticed that if I hit with my heel on the floor, the pain will go away. My doctor told me that these cramps appear if we have a lack of vitamins, usually when we do not have calcium and Magnesium.

8. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    The water tip is new for me so thanks for sharing this, my friend. I usually massage the area of pain and stretch a little till the pain alleviates. If the pain persists I will give a massage using a towel soaked in warm water. I don't know the exact reason behind the cause of the muscle cramps. :)

9. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, leg cramps are very painful but I could never be able to get rid of them quick sometimes they can last like 15 minutes but sometimes I have to move fast because my daughter needs something, Thank you for the water tip as I had never heard of that before hope it helps get rid of it quicker. I usually just try to stand up and slightly hit my leg until the pain decreases but it is so painful.

10. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can feel it coming on these leg cramps, so I pull my heel thrust it out as much as I can, then it stops automatically. Most of the time I'm sitting when it begins to happen, so I nonchalantly, when in the public eye, bring my foot slightly up and thrust out my heel like when you play heel toe, then the cramp stops instantly. Costs nothing but stops the cramps, quickly! I've never heard of drinking water for it, but I'll do that more often too, maybe it will prevent leg cramps. Thanks for the tips.

11. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I still remember one of my coaches when I was young always telling us bananas and gatorade were the cure. To this day I am not sure if it works but I still find myself trying.

12. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing your tips. My leg muscle cramped a lot especially when I was pregnant. My husband taught me to just relax and stretch out my leg. Usually the cramp just went off in a short while, perhaps one or two minutes. I have not try drinking a big glass of water. I will also do that next time, but I am not sure if the water is within my reach when my muscle is cramped.

13. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    My mum used to get leg cramps and her doctor told her to drink Schweppes tonic water because it contains quinine which is good for muscle cramps. She said it worked for her or at least relieved it a little and it is a cheap way of relieving the pain.

14. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Muscle cramps is the main problem of my wife when she is into exercising. In fact, she quit biking because of it. Worse, when the cramps would hit her, oftentimes a bulge on her right leg appears, that is the opposite of the shin. She had consulted several doctors already and the advice is for her to sit on the ground, stretch her legs and recline a bit to relax. Cramps is caused by tension and physical stress, according to the physician. She was also advised to avoid eating animal innards particularly beef and pork intestines.

15. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    Eat a lot of bananas and sweet potatoes.They are rich in potassium which prevent cramps. I rarely experience cramps these days because of bananas. I use to experience cramps in the middle of the night but now I don't experience them anymore.

16. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    When I get cramps on my legs, my first response is to massage my leb with herbal oil. Then I warm my leg with hot bag. I also apply garden herbs on the affected area. If hese things do not work, then only I visit the doctor or paramedics. However, most of the time home remedies work.