Tivo, the most user friendly and family friendly item I have ever owned.

Discussion in Product Reviews started by amynichole318 • Mar 5, 2014.

?

How do you watch and record TV shows?

1. Tivo

100.0%
  2. DVR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. VCR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. just turn on the TV and what's on is what we are watching

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    We bought a TiVo about 8 years ago from Best Buy and I just love it. We paid $300 for it plus another, don't quote me because I can't remember for sure, but I believe it was $200 for a lifetime subscription. I am so sad that it's acting up, freezing up on us, loosing internet connection and so forth. I have absolutely loved this TIVO and thinks the features of it surpass all other generic DVR systems. I when it's time for us to finally let go of this TIVO, we will definitely replace it with another TIVO, from TIVO themselves. It has been the best most useful and family friendly, not to mention user friendly, item I have ever owned. The Tivo is ours, but the other two TV's are connected to DVRs from the cable company.
    :D
    Pros and Cons of TIVO's compared to DVR's

Pros: 80 hours worth of storage in High Definition.
    Lifetime subscription: so much cheaper than the monthly fees we pay for the DVR features from cable
    Streams things like Netflix, Hulu, and others that we really haven't used
    Record 2 shows at once, plus watch a third on Live Tv
    It's pretty durable, it's been moved 5 times including half way across the country

These are the pro's from what is now a very old TIVO. I don't want to see it die, it will be a sad day for me, however, I wonder what wonderful and exciting features they have added in the last several years?

I find TIVO's verses cable DVRs higher quality, cheaper in the long run, more apps and perks and larger storage. I highly recommend buying a quality TIVO over any-other brand of DVR.

Never had a single problem with it up until a couple of weeks ago, still works, it's just freezing up a lot now.

2. Ruth

RuthMember

Threads:
    I definitely share your love for Tivo. We have the Tivo Roamio Pro, and it's amazing. It lets you record 450 hours in HD. Also, if you want to watch 2 shows that run at the same time, you don't have to choose between the two if you have Tivo as it lets you record up to 6 channels at the same time.

The only con about Tivo is the price. It cost us $599, which is definitely a bit steep.