To All The Itunes Users

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by artyarson • Jun 21, 2016.

1. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    This idea came to my head a couple of days ago. It's based on price differences depending on a country.

I live in Russia and we have iTunes here. Thus, we have a price for everything in rubles. The average full-length album costs about 99 rubles which is slightly more than $1.5

However, the same album costs about $10 in the US. And, of course, it has 100% the same quality.

So, is there any point in paying more? I know, somebody would say "it's about supporting the artists". Sure, but iTunes is huge and makes a lot of money off them, too.

---

If anyone of you wants to legally purchase the album for a way cheaper price = contact me. All you would have to do is to send me the half of the actual price of the album you want to get. This would be more than enough for me to get the album and my tips as well. Once I have the album on my PC, I will send it to you by using some free file-sharing service.

NO GODDAMN SCAM. This is kind of ridiculous to deceive people in order to get such a low income, isn't it?

2. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    This is not really unusual when it comes to digital media. It is actually an issue on the world of video games. People will buy codes to download digital games from Russia, then sell them to people in the US. I imagine that this is not possible on iTunes because they are really diligent about making their money. Though I do wonder if there is somehow a way to register your itunes as a Russian account in order to get much cheaper music.

3. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    Wow this is an excellent piece of knowledge for me to acquire! I had no idea that such things as digital albums and games could be cheaper in other countries! I have even bought Russian music on iTunes at higher prices, I wish I had known about this sooner. Thanks for the offer, but I have several Russian friends and I'm sure they'd be glad to help me get cheaper music. Omg it makes me so happy to learn about this lol.

4. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah! That's totally cool. Things are the way they are. Sure, you will get the music for a cheaper price with the help of your buddies.

5. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    There's no such way as of yet. So, contact me If you want to get anything for a half of the actual price. I hope your desirable albums will be on the Russian catalog. Unfortunately, some albums are not present there. No reason why.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    This is actually kind of interesting. I don't really know anyone from Russia so i wouldn't know this. At the moment I'm subscribed to Spotify so i get all my music from there but i will surely keep this in mind.

7. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    That's the right way to go. Feel free to contact me If you have the urge to download something from there.

Actually, it's not about Russia only. They have a price in Euro for EU members, for example. But it's not different that much.

8. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    Oh i see, thank you for clearing that up, i was under the impression that the less price deal for itunes music is exclusively a Russia thing.

9. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Basically, iTunes sets up a relevant price for every area they are represented in. However, there's no big difference between the US and the EU iTunes market. I guess people from the EU countries even pay a little bit more compared to the US residents. However, if the album cost the converted $10 here in Russia, no one would ever buy it. People don't make much money here to legally buy the stuff left and right. Most of them, at least. The average wage/salary here is slightly above $350. Or, maybe, even a little bit less. That's why the price is lowered.

10. artyarson

artyarsonActive Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, the Russian segment got a little bit more expensive yet I'm still ready to do that for you. Feel free to contact me. Do not pay the full price for this type of product when you simply can cut the whole 50%. I'm willing to help you out, guys. Keep in touch.

It takes two.