To Exercise With A Partner Or Alone?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by 003 • Sep 14, 2015.

1. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    It's always nice to have a fitness buddy around. It motivates me to continue what I am doing and achieve a healthy body. Sometimes we start up a competition to challenge ourselves who will be fitter. It is friendly competition, and is very beneficial to our whole fitness regiment. Aside from this, I also get to bond with my friend and catch up on his life and what has he been up to. I have tried going to the gym solo, and it is really boring and I feel less motivated since most member have a clique and group of their own.

2. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely think working out with a partner makes you more accountable. It is often more fun as well because I know that I use going to the gym to spend time with my friends as opposed to going to dinner or getting drinks.

Unfortunately it’s not always possible to go with a friend. Sometimes I use going to the gym solo as alone time to relax and help reduce stress.

3. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think it has its benefits and its drawbacks whichever one you choose. If I am swimming or walking I like to be with a partner because it makes the time go quicker, but if I am doing something more intense then I prefer to listen to music and exercise alone because then there is nothing to distract me. So that is much better for me in that respect.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think you could say hello to your friends before you exercise-and then go your own way-that way you have more freedom to do your own thing and your own workouts. I think I have to much anxiety when it comes to people being around me and telling me what to do and how to do it? I think each person can choose how he wants to exercise though-with a partner or without-its up to the individual to make the choice.

5. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Exercise is best enjoyable with a partner for several reasons. We already know exercise is a tedious and energy consuming work, so the benefit of doing that together with a partner is for the sake of company and also to reduce the rate of one quitting early.

Exercising with a partner helps both parties to push and break their previous mark. For example if one used to run for 1 hour alone, should he/she is it with a partner might be able to push it past that hour mark. If one is getting tired along the way but by just looking at your partner still running, would be forced to tap from the energy and strength of the partner and continue.

Also for safety and security reasons, it's advisable that one trains with a partner in order to avoid some unnecessary risk and stories.

#25Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2017
  6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    I think it depends a lot on who is the person who is training with me, but in general... I prefer to train alone because I think I can get more focused on the exercises and the results are more satisfactory.

7. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like to exercise alone, it is boring not having who to talk to or making a joke...or even to showing me if I make a mistake in my exercise. I like to work out with a friend, this makes me work harder and with responsibilities, it is more fun and it keeps me to keep working out regularly and not quit after a while!

8. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    What matters is you do the exercise. Whether you do it with friend or not does not matter. Your focus has to be on doing the exercise. Partner can be a good option. But often people have limits on that too. So having no partner is not a bad idea. You have to work with what you can do.

9. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I used to jog with jog with friends and it was quite unproductive really, since it has turned into a chatting session and it just slowed us down. I would rather exercise on my own so that there will be no distractions and I can fully focus on exercising.

10. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I would rather exercise with a partner.if it's possible to so do. Having a partner with me would really make the situation a bit more relaxing and pleasant of the possible the friendly interacting Meanwhile I would be doing the tasks. Another plus would be the possibility of some friendly rivalry and challenges which could probably motivate me to do a bit more.

11. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Having someone to accompany you while exercising is a great motivating factor because you will be more committed and you will motivate each other to do one more round. Sometimes you will hardly feel the pain. But there are some disadvantages like they won't stick to your schedule. I used to exercise with my friend but now she has left her hometown so I am changing myself to exercise alone.