To single people: how much do you spend a week on groceries?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by andrew320 • Jun 14, 2012.

1. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    My fiancee and I split groceries and we both spend approximately $25 per week.

For everyone who does the same thing or if they're alone, how much do you spend per week on groceries?

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    When I was single, I never cooked, and so my grocery bill would mot be very high, but I'd spend an awful lot on prepared food. Now I'm married and between the two of us we spend anywhere between $40 and $60 a week.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I could spend 20-25$ a week when I was leaving alone. Much of that are for beers and coffee because I can't sleep with out a bottle or two of beer and I can't completely wake up without a coffee. I don't buy much food because most of the time I eat out.

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    It's kind of interesting how being alone completely changes your eating habits, doesn't it? I once had a friend who never had any food in his house unless he knew I was coming over. If I came over unexpectedly, there'd be nothing but beer and leftover fried chicken from the chicken shack across the street.

5. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I am trying to live on $40 a week. It isn't easy. There is no fun food involved at all. Just the necessitates. A lot of eggs and and noodles. Its doable, just not fun.

6. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    When I was living on my own most of my groceries consisted of junk food and other unhealthy things so my bill was a bit on the high side ($50 a week or so). I also mostly ate out because I didn't want to cook for myself.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm single, no kids. I spend anywhere from $40 to $45 a week. I do buy a lot of organic vegetables and herbs and spices. I used to buy a lot of prepared foods, but I'm cutting back on that so my grocery bill has shrunk in the last few weeks.

8. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    It really depends on what I'm buying. Like some weeks I stock up on chicken and meat if it's on sale, so my bill is higher. Some weeks I eat low/no carbs to lose weight, so my bills are usually higher for that too. But most weeks, I spend about $50. I eat out a lot, too, so that helps with grocery bills.

9. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I spent $50 a week on groceries as a single person. But sometimes, when I have visitors at home it goes up to $65 or more a week.