To Sleep or Not to Sleep? - Is the Activity Now WORTH the Lost Fun Later?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by mythman • May 20, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    At about 1 this morning, I was lying in bed still not asleep. (I had gotten in bed at about midnight after falling asleep to SPACEBALLS on 'mute.')

So I KNOW that I 'should' just lie there & "not sleep"---getting what little rest I can get, letting sleep fall o`me ... but I started having "ideas," and had to come here to clean them out. Or something like that. Or not.

But while I was getting my 'booting-up' coffee, it occurred to me that--staying up so-late right now--I might have to stay-in on the one night-a-week I usually go out late.

Oh, I know there'll be other weeks on which the weather is good enough to make the half-hour walk to the Hideaway Lounge for Karaoke; but the honky-tonk minds don't know cause-&-effect and make decisions that make future actions impossible, but the honky-tonk minds can also (then-and-only-then) perform once-in-a-lifetime feats of dexterity---sometimes several times a night, if needed.

Should I regret being up now if I miss an opportunity to experience the honky-tonk magic? (I can console myself with the hope that there will be honky-tonk magic again someday; but 'honky-tonk magic's are like snowflakes, each one is different (but they're almost all made of the same basic element ;) )