Toliet Paper, double ply, scented, quilted . What do you use?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Pocs • Aug 7, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    This is probably on of the few items in my home I buy name brand. Generic is not the same. I love the double rolled sizes, although I had to replace my holder for it to fit, well worth it! I'm not partial to any one named brand, they all are good, it depends on the sale and coupons I have to determine which one I will purchase. For me and my family, it's double size roll, double ply and quilted.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also like the double roll size, so that you are not looking for a replacement quickly. I have also noticed the double ply is greatly appreciated, I went some where they used single ply, it was horrible.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I typically go with the Charmin Ultra Strong in any size. Obviously, the double and triple rolls are better, but sometimes, I just grab a single roll pack depending on where I am. I used to be a really big Cottonelle fan, but for some reason I switched to Charmin. I just bought some Cottonelle the other day as the deal was too good to resist and I'm trying to figure out why I switched.

Another good option is Trader Joe's toilet paper. I had to get some some and I was actually quite satisfied with it's performance and longevity.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I buy name brand toilet paper also. I don't want to be cheap with the toiletries because I bought toilet paper from the dollar store and it just wasn't the same. The paper felt thinner than the name brand kind. I'll try to save money where I can, but somethings you should just pay extra, and this is one of them.

5. chocbunny

chocbunnyNew Member

Threads:
    It has to be double ply. I never got the point of single ply - I would just use twice as much and defeat the purpose! But I'm not fussy about brands and will go with the cheapest, even if it is generic.

6. ssamcd

ssamcdMember

Threads:
    Yes there are some things that cannot be substituted. I use Quilted Northern toilet paper. Although it is a bit more expensive it is so soft. There is just some things you have to have.

7. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    Oh my word, here in my country we are definitely lagging behind when it comes to the size of toilet rolls! We only have the standard size rolls but at least we also have the choice between single, double or triple ply. I normally buy the double ply for our home. I once bought the triple ply which I found made no sense in buying just as there is no sense in buying the single ply. I would say the double ply is the standard thickness that is the most popular to purchase.

8. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Lol, I don't use toilet paper and I haven't in years. Its my one splurge, even though I usually get them free or very cheap with coupons I only use baby wipes. I don't know why, but I just don't feel clean wiping with paper if you know what I mean. Ever since I had babies, (25 years ago) I figured if they can have the nice clean feeling of a wipe, so can I.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Doesn't that leave you feeling...uh...wet...Farrah?

And personally, I go for Charmin double-ply of one variety or another. I don't care too much so long as it's not a crappy brand that falls apart, leaves tissue behind, or feels like sand paper.

10. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    No. You're supposed to use the combination of the two so you don't use too much of the other. Without getting too graphic, since we've all been there, you start with toilet paper, follow up with an adult wipe by Charmin or Cottonelle and then finish it all off with toilet paper and a dry bottom.

11. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Ok, I've been using toilet paper for decades and I thought it was pretty much all the same but not anymore. I am all for Cottonelle Clean Care because, ahem, it works! It's strong so you don't have to use as much to get the job done. I usually can find it on sale somewhere so the price is right too. I am sold. Go Cottonelle!

12. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    My wife and I used Scotts toilet paper. We feel it gives us the best value. We do not get toilet paper at the grocery store unless it is on sale for a very cheap price. Otherwise the best place to get the cheapest price on Scotts would normally be Kmart.

13. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, you don't want a wet bottom because it's a host for bacteria. I wouldn't use wipes, but if I did I would finish with the normal toilet paper. It's like getting out the shower and not drying off, and just putting your clothes on. I guess if you don't have a problem with doing it that way, then keep it up, but I like to use toilet paper.

14. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I also refuse to compromise or save money on toilet paper. I use Velvet Quilted. It's lovely and soft, but also strong, so there's no question of a finger going through at the crucial moment. And it flushes away easily, so you don't use too much water. Also, Velvet is a very eco-friendly manufacturer. The company plants three trees for every one it chops down, which is a plus in my book.

15. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I like Scotts. Definitely double ply, white and unscented. I don't like using toilet paper that is scented, or has color added, because of the chemicals. So I search for sales on Scotts, as others have mentioned.

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That all sounds a bit too complicated for me. ;)

I use Costco brand toilet paper. It's soft, double ply and the rolls are large. Costco brand paper products are a great buy including their paper towels.

17. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree with you on the name brand toilet paper vs. the generic stuff. I've tried both. I like Quilted Northern or Charmin, 2 ply soft toilet paper. If I can't find those two brands, I'll settle for Scott Soft toilet paper but it's not quite as plush. I need some TLC for my bum bum.

18. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    Double ply always and no buying cheap. Take care of your ......;)

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have always purchased double ply tissue paper, and I agree that the single ply is horrible, they should stop making that!

20. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I purchase the double size rolls because it seems like I'm the only person in the house who knows how to change the rolls and the larger size means I have to do it less often. :) The double ply lasts longer. If I bring home single ply, they use 3 times as much so there is no saving. As for the brand, I but whatever is on sale or the least expensive.