Tomb Raider 80% discount - $3.99 at Steam

Discussion in Hot Deals started by ducklord • Dec 28, 2014.

1. ducklord

ducklordMember

Threads:
    I refuse to write ANYTHING about the latest Tomb Raider. Well, you know it was the reason Lara Croft returned, you know it got lots of awards as "Game of the Year", you know it was, finally, a successful reboot of the series, don't you?

If you know, and you haven't played it yet,

. The only reason to not grab it is if you truly hate Lara and awesome adventures. I can't grok why that could happen :-D

2. nonsiccus

nonsiccusActive Member

Threads:
    Good graphics, and reasonably entertaining gameplay. I found the puzzles to be somewhat lacking, and ended up stopping with the game after a few hours. I'm not sure what was missing, but it just didn't capture the same feeling as the older games. It might be that I grew out of the adventure style game, but it just wasn't really my thing.

The action in the game is pretty thrilling though, and some of the death scenes are pretty epic.

3. ducklord

ducklordMember

Threads:
    Well, I played it a bit on my PS3 and lately re-bought it for PC ('cause Betr Grafx And Stuffz!), but I have to confess that even on my PS3 it didn't "grab" me as much as the first game in the series did, back in the day.

I was a teenager, though, back then, and Tomb Raider was truly original - maybe THE game that started the third person shooter / platformer craze that followed.

The new one is a fine game, easily compared to whatever else is out there, but you wouldn't call it "groundbreaking" in any way. It's just a good action game, from the little I've seen by playing for about an hour. I want to get into it sometime in the future, but it ain't a priority. For now, I'm tripping in Reassembly. Now, THAT'S a game to lose yourself to!