Too Early To Book For The Summer?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by to7update • Jan 26, 2017.

1. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Just yesterday I was passing by my travel agency and I decided to get it and ask if it was too early to book for the summer. The employee smiled and said yes, but even so he would be trying to find information on the destination I wanted.

What about you, how early do you book? Do you do that to get the best prices?

2. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    I always book as early as I can, to make sure I have plenty of time to arrange deals, get the best prices etc. I'm surprised they said it was too early, as our travel agents are busy advertising summer breaks, and some already have sales on! I think it depends on where you are going and how long for. A longer break might be easier to book months in advance, while a weekend away is an annoyance since it might get in the way of someone booking a longer holiday.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    It might be still a little early depeneding on which part of the world you are in.

There will be a lot more cheaper deals as summer approaches nearer as competition will be high so I would wait until I can compare good deals.

4. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    That's a different approach @Decentlady@Decentlady, and I've done that as well, but this time we want to go to a specific destination, so we don't want to wait for any last minute deals. The issue is that booking early might give me early promotions, and that might mean a good discount, considering I am paying almost with 6 months advance.

5. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think it's ever too early to book for the summer. Of course, I'm from a touristy part my country. Stuff fills up fast here, often many months in advance, especially for the prime dates.

I don't use a travel agent. We book all our own stuff to save money. With so many booking sites available now and stuff, you could probably do your own as well. I like that you can also read the reviews from others who used an airline, stayed in a hotel, ate at a nearby restaurant, etc. It really helps me plan ahead.

Whatever I can do to save money on a trip, I do. Booking in advance usually amounts to at least some savings.

6. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    The thing is, that many times if I try to book it myself, it ends up being more expensive than if I book through a travel agency. The reason is simple, they buy big amounts and therefore manage to get prices I cannot. I always do that comparison, as I want to save of course.

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We are early early birds when it comes to our travels, be it booking for a flight or for accommodation. We have a trip to Japan on March 15 and we have already booked for a hotel since 2 weeks ago. For the ticket, we bought that in September of 2016. Good planning is one ingredient of an enjoyable travel. With the early booking, we are free from stress since all we need is to check if the flight has no changes. There’s no need to check the booking of the hotel. By the way, an early booking in the hotel sometimes gives you the privilege of an upgrade – when you check in and the hotel is not full, they give you the suite instead of the regular room that you had booked for.

8. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    I think that is wise @Alexandoy@Alexandoy because being an early bird makes us save a lot. Sadly, I haven't been contacted yet after my query to my travel agency... They have two guys working there, one is super friendly and helpful, and the other (the one I talked too) seems to be a lazy guy, and this lack of answer after 3 weeks just proves it.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    It's a rule that I always follow: The sooner I buy it the better are the prices (and I've never been disappointed to buy it earlier). I already got incredible discounts - some of them were sensational - always buying in advance and this only makes me want to always follow this tip.