Too much of a good thing

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Dora M • Sep 11, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Recently, I discovered a wonderful new vegetarian restaurant. The food is very creative and absolutely delicious. Even the price is amazing. But every time I eat there, I get indigestion, as there are so many free extras that come with each dish, and I find it hard not to try them. For example, there are fruit appetizers, such as tiny cups of watermelon puree with avocado and olives, followed by a serving of wholemeal buns and nut butter to accompany the main dish. By the time I finish eating, I usually feel quite full. Yet, immediately after the meal, a tasty, aromatic tea is served with little cookies. But that's not the dessert. Dessert is a whole new experience with 12 choices of ice cream, organic yogurts, fruit cakes, sorbets, etc. By the time the dessert menu card is pressed into my hand, I feel already overwhelmed with trying to make a choice. Usually, I end up with a cup of coffee. But again, the coffee isn't just a simple affair, no, it usually comes with little chocolates wrapped in pretty paper, looking absolutely irresistible. And finally, the bill is being delivered in a tasteful wooden box filled with free lollies. It sounds all very wonderful, but I think it is too much.
    Have you ever eaten at restaurants that made you feel "overloaded" afterwards?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only feel this way when I go to a buffet. I try to get my money's worth which is difficult when I eat like a bird. I only eat just a little too much though. I wouldn't be able to stand the pain if I pushed it ridiculously high.