Tooth Whitening Pen

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Farrah • Jan 27, 2013.

1. crazycroc

crazycrocMember

Threads:
    I saw this video that teeth whitening by simply brushing for 10-15 minutes with hydrogen peroxide and baking soda really does a lot to whiten your teeth. Its also very cheap and easy to do at home.

Here's a video of a guy with pretty white teeth doing it,

[video=youtube;Q3K8zZazmaU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3K8zZazmaU[/video]

Also I hear Crest white strips are pretty good also.

2. kareo000

kareo000New Member

Threads:
    Nice and superb information....

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I could never trust these kinds of things. Most of the times they pump the products full of chemicals, that only give you a solution for a few days, and will end up damaging your teeth more than anything.

4. Samules

SamulesNew Member

Threads:
    I saw one ad for the pen and just believed it was going to be worthless because you don't get an even program.

#24May 18, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  5. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't use one of these tooth whiteners because they contain harmful chemicals which might make your teeth white but ultimately cause more harm than good. Try baking soda, it's a natural teeth whitener and it will not harm you.

6. Diane102290

Diane102290New Member

Threads:
    I tried this and it wasn't something that worked for me. I wouldn't advise anyone against the product because it did help someone else that I know. I assumed that I either didn't use it as often or my teeth were too unhealthy for the product to work on me. Everyone is different.

7. brittanyt28

brittanyt28Member

Threads:
    I use the crest whitening strips and they work really good. I would also like to try this for maintenance too. I have seen them at my local CVS. Who doesn't love having a brighter smile?

8. rebeccalj278

rebeccalj278New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the information.. I guess that I am the only one that has not heard of this wonderful tool. I will have to search for it the nest time I shop at Walgreens. ;)

9. thelma_keifer

thelma_keiferNew Member

Threads:
    I used Power Swabs' teeth whitening products and was HOOKED. What results! Within minutes, literally. And so simple! No hassles of trays, no problems with sensitivity.

10. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    That is pretty innovative i guess..looks like i am gonna save a lot of bucks over the dentist, why didn't i get that info before...

11. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Is that the one where you have to shine a blue light on your teeth for some period of time? I tried one of those kits a few years ago and it didn't really do anything to my teeth. I think there were some studies on these that revealed the lights were just a gimmick, and didn't really do anything to assist the whitening of your teeth.

12. mitchelltune

mitchelltuneNew Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the review. I've use the Crest 3D strips and the whitening toothpaste and it works well. Maybe when i used that pen it will brighten more my teeth. :)

13. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I think the pen will be good just for maintenance. Here are some other things you can do at home to whiten teeth. These are DIY remedies:

Add a pinch of baking soda to your toothpaste each time you brush. Make sure you brush for at least two minutes. Once your teeth are your desired white shade, only use the baking soda method 2-3x per week because baking soda can be bad for your enamel.

Use peroxide as a mouthwash. Swish around in your mouth for at least one minute.

Wipe banana peels on your teeth.

Whiten with strawberries:

1 ripe strawberry
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Directions: Crush the strawberry to a pulp, then mix with the baking powder until blended. Use a soft toothbrush to spread the mixture onto your teeth. Leave on for 5 minutes, then brush thoroughly with toothpaste to remove the berry–baking soda mix. Rinse.

14. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    @Kaylah do those DIY techniques really work?

15. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I have not tried the pen, but good to see so many positive reviews. I am also reading that it is more than a single use so it does not seem that expensive. I use Crest White strips, and a peroxide based oral rinse (peroxal or the generic) and it really maintains well. I would like to try this for spot treatments.

16. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I was surprised he used toothpaste and baking soda and peroxide, so I am not sure if it is really the peroxide and baking soda that helped. It was also quite painful to watch this person, so I don't know due to the behavior how serious this was.[