Top 10 Worst As Seen On TV Products

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by soulglazed • Aug 5, 2012.

1. boone

booneNew Member

Threads:
    I personally love "The Back Up." The things that people come up with and then make money off of. This list shows some really bad products and most of them I have never even heard off. The Booty Pop. Really. The thing is too that the as seen on tv company wouldn't just put a product out there unless they thought that they could make some money off of it. So all these top 10 worsts were thought to be good products at one time.

2. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Oh no! My product is on it! :p

Jk, haha wow that would really suck if something of yours was on there for the whole world to see it was the worst.

3. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought the Insta Hang and quickly found out it was a complete piece of crap. In all fairness I should have noticed that it wasn't going to work well when I was holding it in my hand at the store. The whole device is so cheap and flimsy that the nails more often than not get stuck in the device and won't come out. On top of that, the nails themselves are so tiny and short, they can hardly hold anything, especially if the hook is indented like on wall clocks.

It's a shame, because the general concept of the device is a great idea, just very poorly executed. If one of the major tool manufacturers came out with a higher quality version of this with longer nails, I would buy it in a heart beat.

4. LovelyLanie

LovelyLanieMember

Threads:
    This list made my day, it's too hilarious. My favorite is the marriage saving blanket and the golfers 'portable' bathroom. They say that necessity is the mother of invention and so I ask: who are these people?

5. darren777

darren777Member

Threads:
    The worst product I have seen advertised on TV are get rich quick programs which promise you large amounts of money can be made easily and quickly. They usually cost a few payments of 30 or so dollars and obviously are not worth the time or money......I have seen more but this is the first that comes to mind.

6. GSBryce

GSBryceMember

Threads:
    Agrees, Sham Wow should definitely be on the list. I have never tried the product but the infomercial itself speak volumes of the product itself. Hilarious nonetheless. Is there a list out there with legitimate As Seen On TV products that are worth the investment?

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I too have seen the Potty Patch advertised on TV. My first reaction was you have to be kidding me. Now someone is telling me to put patches of grass down in my house so my dog can go to the bathroom on it. I know my dogs they wouldn't go on this patch of grass, they be sniffing elsewhere, that's why we send them outside to do their business. I wouldn't waste my money on such a thing. I also wouldn't invest in Kush Support, I have never seen a commercial for those thank goodness but once again you have to be kidding me with this product.

#27Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  8. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    The fish on the wall. The fish on the wall infomercial for sure. It used to sing too. These days you still see those covered in dust in people's garages.

9. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    I saw that lady getting money for that invention on TV, I think. So somebody's buying that sort of thing. LOL

10. bargainbabe

bargainbabeActive Member

Threads:
    OK I know I'm taking over this thread, but has anyone seen the "egg wave" infomercial? Like I would never, ever want to cook eggs in the microwave like that. Ugh lol. I think that people get caught up in the moment without realizing what they are really ordering. I can't remember the last time I wanted to do an informercial. You can find the good stuff online or in stores.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    That Uro Club was so gross, but it made me laugh. ;) My favorite worst As Seen on TV product is the Smooth Away hair removal system. It is basically sand paper that you rub on your body to smooth away unwanted hair. My sister bought one and it smells dreadful. That burning hair is so icky smelling.

12. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    Worst product I've ever bought was the shamwow, even though it basically works as advertised..I don't know why I paid shipping for some absorbent cloth that I could've bought at Walmart.

13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Interesting link....though I guess there is a market for them. I mean *someone* wants to buy them and finds them worthwhile....there is some pretty useless stuff out there, though.

14. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised the adverts for spraying 'hair' on your head didn't make the list!

Lewis Black does a great gag about how this is more damaging than seeing genitals on TV. :D

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The worst product I've ever seen advertised on the TV is the infamous shake weight. There is absolutely no scientific basis behind it, it is completely absurd. It shows how stupid some people are if they believe something shaking in your hand will build muscle.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The Broccolli Wad is just ridiculous. You know what they say, that there are only 2 people in the world, the one who deceives and the one who is being deceived. So we should not be gullible! But we should also not deceive other people. I wonder if the sales are thriving.

17. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    These are some of the most hysterical things I have ever viewed!!! My favorite I think is the Kush support. Who would really try that?

All of them are pretty off the wall and crazy, but I met the inventor(s) made money from the ideas!

18. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    The FaceTrainer looks like a scuba divers suit mask. It is very difficult to put on but that's probably because of the designed to maximize resistance in order to help you train your face to become more resilient and wrinkle free. I'm sure its not suppose to choke you but it almost succeeds. The science to this is not only iffy but it costs a lot at almost $200. I'll probably just buy a really nice face cream.

19. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Would you honestly want to go golfing with someone who was carrying around a Uro Club full of piss? Not to mention that's an easy way to get busted for indecent exposure if you're whipping your stuff out in public on a golf course and peeing into that thing.

20. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    OK you really had me laughing with this response. Because what you said is so true, for the record I sure wouldn't want to play golf with someone using the Uro Pro, and I sure wouldn't want to be around when they use it that's for sure. Sad thing about these items and some of the others being mentioned that were real duds they give a bad rap to As Seen on TV Products. Yet there are actually those out there that are really great, and live up to their claims. Its just a question of getting pass the garbage the find the good items. That can sometimes be like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Fortunately there is a forum like this where we can come to review and read reviews about these items to know if they are really worth the money to purchase.