Top Shop Sales

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by tasha • Feb 19, 2016.

1. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    We recently got Topshop, mango and River Island here which is rather pricey for the south African rand but ehen they have a sale you can afford the clothing and they are great with the 50% off thing. what I don't understand is that these stores come to countries with a lower currency and expect the public to buy at the euro prices which is just not affordable. nobody can survive on sales alone and I don't see them lasting too long here sadly

2. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, just last week I saw a Topshop sale in my favourite mall as well. You are right though, they're incredibly pricey. I have bought only one item from Topshop and it's not even for me. It's for my husband and it's a pants because he has a limited number of them. I was shocked by the price but proceeded to buy it since the quality, I heard, is top-notch. Anyway, the jeans held up and still looks quite good even after a year now.

Fortunately, for shops like Topshop and Mango, lots of customer here flock to their stores. Even though we're a third world country, people want their products. I'm not one of them though, I'd rather buy a local product that's of good quality at an affordable price.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have Topshop here and it is quite expensive. However this is not what bothers me the most about Topshop, which is surprising considering price is usually what bothers me!!!
    What I find off about Topshop actually is that I don't find they have a large variety of clothing to choose from! The stores seem to be a bit empty, at least where I have been. But I have been to at least 3 so this is what i tend to notice.

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Could it be that the items have been bought before you came? Because here in my place, Topshop stores usually have lots of items in display. I have passed by in one Topshop store where the racks and shelves are filled with pants, dresses, shorts and all other clothing items. Sometimes, if it's a weekday, there's not a lot of people so I get to see the store in its entirety.

Or maybe they just had a clearance sale before you came to the stores. It's such a weird incident. If their stores don't put clothing items in display, they won't generate as much sales. Another reason could be that they're closing down the stores and are only selling the last pieces of clothes.

5. tasha

tashaActive Member

Threads:
    I must say that I also did not find too many options for outfits there and they do lack in ideas as there is about four or five rows of clothing options, accessory items and then belts and shoes which seem to be a lot of the same thing. I do like it when they have the sales as they add stuff that you have never seen before