Topsy Turvy

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by guineapigsandgardens • Feb 3, 2015.

1. guineapigsandgardens

guineapigsandgardensMember

Threads:
    Are the topsy turvy planters really worth the money? I live in an apartment and I'm running out of room on my balcony. Hanging gardens seem to be the logical choice, but the Topsy Turvys are intriguing to me. Has anyone tried them? What level of success have you seen with the planters?

2. jcort

jcortMember

Threads:
    My sister in law had a topsy turvy for strawberries, and it worked AWESOME! I was incredibly impressed.

We, however, have never gotten one simply because we can't figure out where we'd hang it. We live in a second-story apartment and have limited options. Otherwise, I'd totally get one.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have never personally tried Topsy Turvy myself although I have considered it at one point. I read some mix reviews about it though. But apparently someone else here knows someone who had some great success with it. I guess it comes down again to following the instructions of a product to the letter. Some may not do what the instructions for the product say such as what climate is recommended, then want to blame the product when it fails to peform as claimed. I know this is the case with the Orgreenic Pan, I read mix reviews on it and then got one. Turned out to be great but there were instructions that need to be followed to the letter. I'm sure with Topsy Turvy its the same way following the products instructions.

4. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    A friend of mine had three topsy turvy planters for tomatoes and they all did fantastic. I will admit I am usually leery of the "As Seen on TV" products but it seems this particular item is a good one! I'm thinking of giving it a try this spring.

5. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I had the Topsy Turvy Tomato planter a few years ago. It produced many tomatoes and they were delicious. They didn't grow very big, but we didn't mind that. It gets very heavy so make sure whatever you hang it on is strong enough to support the weight. Initially I was just going to hang mine from a shephard's hook stuck in the ground, but we ended up mounting it to our fence instead. One more tip, make sure to get some kind of netting that you can loosely wrap around it: the birds loved to try to get at my tomatoes once they appeared.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never had a topsy turvy planter, I am happy to see the reviews here so that I have a better slant on the value of the product. The pole that the topsey turvy planter is hung from does not look to be tall enough but I guess you can get a longer pole or hang the planter from something else.