Toshiba Laptops

Discussion in Product Reviews started by blurinoctober • Dec 2, 2012.

1. Damikoulas88

Damikoulas88New Member

Threads:
    I own on myself and am pleased with it.. Have nothing to complaint about.. Also very good battery life for laptop!

2. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    A Toshiba was my very first laptop and honestly it served me well especially considering how often I used it daily! Later on I did have some issues with the CD drive and a couple of keys, but this was much much later after I had gotten it. I would recommend Toshiba as overall they are pretty sturdy. I currently have a Compaq Presario that I use and it is excellent and in my opinion an upgrade from my Toshiba. A tad bit more expensive but the quality is awesome!

3. juliet1

juliet1New Member

Threads:
    i have toshiba satellite laptop but it is slow .

4. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    I really wasn't in the market for another laptop in November when I stumbled onto a deal for a used Toshiba that I could not pass up. I ended up getting it for my children. However, my husband and I have been using it a lot and I have to admit that I almost prefer it over my Dell. It runs like a dream.

5. normanallison

normanallisonNew Member

Threads:
    I am using a Toshiba laptop and i hardly have any problem with it. But one thing i have notice is sometimes some parts for Toshiba can be very costly compared to other laptops.

6. Tech Guy

Tech GuyNew Member

Threads:
    I have owned a Dell for 6 years now. I really don't do anything so intense with my laptop that I feel I need to upgrade. I bought it as a "refurb" from Tech For Less and have never had a problem. It is a solid working machine and I have deleted the bloatware from it. It is a Dell Inspirion 1500. Yea it's old, but it does everything I need it to do.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A Toshiba was my very first laptop. It was already used by my dad before that, and it was pretty resistant and good quality. It felt sturdy and resistant, and it lasted a long time. I don't know how the new Toshiba laptops are (since all brands seem to be making laptops more fragile and plastic everyday), but based on my old one, I would say Toshiba is a pretty respectable brand!

8. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I've only had good experiences with Toshiba laptops. I've owned four of them (including my current one) and they've each lasted me a couple of years each. In fact, two of them are still working perfectly fine so I gave them to various members of my family. While it can't be considered the greatest brand out there it does what I need it to do and they are cheap so it's all good for me.

9. Ruth

RuthMember

Threads:
    Toshiba is great. I had a laptop made by Toshiba for over 2 years. I did replace it last summer, but that not because it was broken or anything, it's just wasn't that powerful to run all the modern day applications.

Now I have a laptop made by Compaq, which, at least so far, has proven to be a good choice as well. In the 7 months that I've had this computer I haven't had any problems what so ever.

10. Chia

ChiaMember

Threads:
    I would definitely recommend Asus for any buyers out there. I always though of Toshiba having cheap computers because their performance and build quality is on the lower end. Asus has a very good bang for your buck. As opposed to Toshiba, computers are their specialty and one can only imagine they spend more on research and optimization of their products. You can get a mid level laptop for a lower end price. Right now I have a core i5 processor with 4gb of ram and it only cost around 380 dollars. You're not going to find too many computers with those specs for that price.

11. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    Toshiba is great for users looking for long reliability:) I would choose it anytime instead of MacBook, although Apple`s model is considered the advanced one on the market.
    What I like to my old Toshiba laptop was the generous storage capacity, doubled by a dual-core AMD processor and the ATI Radeo dedicated video card. On the other hand, it was quite heavy to carry around in journeys and wifi connection wasn`t very stable

12. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I have tried Toshiba a couple of times, and they are very reasonably priced but with both of them I had issues with keys falling off all the time. The first key on one of them fell off within the first week I had it, I returned it and they replaced it. The next one lasted about 6 months before keys started falling off and when one went, they all decided to play follow the leader. I probably would not get another Toshiba again, at least for a while. I have a Dell right now and am really happy with it.

13. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    From a certain point of view, you are right. You can always start with a Toshiba or a Dell notebook (I have my doubts on HP`s performance), while Asus and Lenovo are the next level (Sony is a little bit too expensive for my budget). But, my old Dell is even today functional and sometimes I have the impression it`s faster than my Asus netbook, used for 12 months

14. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using a Toshiba laptop too for the past year and my experience has been pretty good with it. When I bought it, I had a few doubts about it because it was pretty cheap in comparison to competitors. But after having used it for almost a year without any issues, I have to say that I am pretty satisfied with my purchase.