Touch screen or Not

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by sulayman • Nov 19, 2013.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Touch screen laptops, I'm not a fan of, I mean, I hate it people poke at my screen. But I honestly think these touchscreen laptops are just a gimmick. I mean, laptops are not made for that, that's why it has a keyboard and touch pad. But, if you want a touchscreen laptop-ish device, go for the Asus Transformer, although don't expect it to be very powerful. My friend has a touchscreen laptop and to tell you the truth, he doesn't use the screen. I mean yes its nice to just swipe the screen when you're browsing pictures, but come on, that's not why use a laptop. And besides, even if you buy one with a touchscreen, you'll end up using the keyboard instead. And these laptops are expensive. But wait, why are you going for a laptop with a touchscreen anyways?

2. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I guess you want a touch screen laptop because of Windows 8. In such a case, it will depend on your budget if it is good, then go for it. Personally I am not a fan of touch screen laptops. I prefer if it is touchscreen it is better be a tablet or smartphone.

3. maxparker0

maxparker0Member

Threads:
    I agree. A touchscreen would be nice for mobiles, tablets, etc but for a desktop/laptop, I would never consider a touchscreen device as the touchscreen does not have any practical use in laptop/desktop and is more of a show-off or gimmick.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My ASUS is 14' and touchscreen, and I love it! is actually really nice feature, specially for when I'm not caring my mouse, because I hate moving the pad cursor on laptops. My Windows is Windows 8 and the touch screen is really nice for that. However I don't really use the applications a lot, I'm usually on my desktop, so I wouldn't really miss touch screen because of Windows 8 specifically. Nonetheless, it is a nice feature to have.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't like touch screen devices since it takes quite a long time for me to type, so I would suggest that you just buy a non-touch screen laptop. I think touch screen is not necessary and you could just use the money to buy a laptop with higher specs instead of a touch screen one.