Toxic dyes in your clothes

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Dora M • Mar 28, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am attracted to bright and colourful materials. But recently I have become somewhat apprehensive buying Indian clothes as I noticed that, even after washing the clothes several times, residue form the dyes remained on my skin. You would think these items were really cheap and nasty, but they weren't. Well, nasty, perhaps.
    I have noticed similar things with new bed sheets and even underwear. How toxic are these dyes?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most dyes are are made from chemicals and most chemicals are toxic to humans. So starting with what we know, the toxins from these dyes could either cause you health issues now or after a long time but the bottom line is, they're bad for your health.

Some health experts assert that most of todays clothes are laden with toxins.

After reading that, I don't know what kind of toxin-free clothes we should wear. Or is it about time we started going natural?

#2Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks, Denis. I have a friend who bought a beautiful bright shoulder bag at a local market a few years ago. She told me that she noticed how her clothes got stained from the bag and that a mole on her neck felt irritated from the bag rubbing against it. This mole started to get very strange, and she decided to have it examined. The doctor told her that it was pre-cancerous and that he had no doubt at all that the dye in her bag was responsible for the toxic reaction.