Toxic

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by JaydonTyler • Jun 24, 2014.

1. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    We live in a toxic world. from the air that we breathe, to the foods that we ear and everything in between. Your health is directly effected by the toxicity levels in your body. A toxic body is an unhealthy body. Every ailment people suffer with is from parasites and bacteria in some form.

If you could have a toxin-free body, you would have perfect health. Toxins effect every part of you. Even little things like dry skin are related to having a toxic body.

We cannot help but take toxins in on a daily basis, but you can detoxify your body with a good diet, exercise, fasting, etc.

All of those medications, supplements, creams, etc - increase the amount of toxins in your body. You really need to be careful what you allow into your body. Just because you are told a product is good does not mean that it is.

2. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    Interesting post and I definitely understand what you're referring to. I live very close to a major metropolitan area and am very aware of the toxins that we breathe in on a daily basis as well as these same types of toxins being absorbed through the skin. It doesn't surprise me at all that cancer rates are so high and I don't think a lot of people realize just how bad these toxins can take their toll on the human body. There have been so many studies with other things too, like just wearing make-up that I rarely even wear make-up anymore unless it's for some type of a special occasion, like going out to dinner, or things like this. You're absolutely correct too, exercise is a great way to release a good deal of toxins from the body, and things like Green Tea work great also! ;)

3. plantain

plantainMember

Threads:
    I am mindful of the xenochemical load my body receives. I have switched to using castile soap for the shower, homemade body butter and deodorant, and raw honey for facewash. I use baking soda and vinegar for cleaning. If I choose to buy a commercial product, I look it up on the Skin Deep app. It's made by the Environmental Working Group and rates products based on how problematic (allergenic, carcinogenic, etc.) the ingredients are. Best thing you can do... take a trip out in nature once in a while. ;)

4. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    I stopped using shaving cream, because it contains too much synthetic estrogen, I use regular soap instead. I also shower with regular soap, it contains less estrogen. I drink only of plastic bottles with the sign ldpe or hdpe, if there is another sign on them I don't drink of them. I wash my hair twice a week, you will be surprised of the toxins in famous shampoo brands if you check their content online.

5. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    The best part about trying to be toxin-free is you save money doing so.

Personally, I am addicted to health. I am overly focused on my health some might say. But, I save money and look my best because of it. So, I must be doing something right.

6. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still unsure about not using any hygiene product but I know it can't be any worse than medicine. Medicine is probably the worst toxin. I mean I'm not telling people not to use medicine but I don't trust doctors when they prescribe medicine. It's one thing if it's an antibiotic but if it's for a long term illness, what's the point? Even the antibiotics scare me actually but at least it would only be a temporary thing. When you look at all the side effects they put on the bottles and packages you think "good god how is this legal?"

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I read that using shampoo or any product that has sodium laureth sulfate is harmful for the body, so I now tend to read the ingredients of certain products to see if they have them. You are right that we live in a toxic world, so we have to be mindful of what we put in our body.

8. limitless1585

limitless1585Member

Threads:
    Always check online if a medicine prescribed by a doctor is necessary. I used to be convinced that you must use an antibiotic to cure the common cold faster, you don't. Antibiotics don't attack the rhino virus, they attack bacterial infections. For example, doctors tell people that they must an aspirin after they are 45 to prevent clogging of their arteries, there is no scientific evidence to back that claim, actually it's the opposite. The aspirin doesn't prevent blood clogging.

9. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    I just recently found out that our cleaning products are giving us cancer! There are some great alternatives out there so we at least should think about these choices we make everyday.

10. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I forgot that they still prescribe antibiotics for the cold. I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to bacterial infections. In that case, I know you have to take anti-biotics.

Pretty much everything causes cancers these days but in the case of cleaning products, I can definitely agree with you. I can't even handle cleaning most of the time because the smell just gets to me. If I could find a way to clean naturally, I definitely would.

11. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, it is a daily fight at times. Not just are there hidden poisons in the environment, but every single product that one puts in or onto the body might have something that could make one ill. Starting from pesticides and GMO's in the food that we eat, down to every cream and lotion that we apply to our skin.
    For many years now I have been buying organic and ecological products wherever I can. Also I am aware of power lines, moulds, toxins in household products, and the list goes on. Many people smile at me, telling me that I am eccentric. But all I am is cautious, since I got very ill in the past from toxic exposure that I wasn't even aware of.