Track The Way You Spend Your Money

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by elguz • Feb 13, 2016.

1. elguz

elguzNew Member

Threads:
    Has anyone of you tried to use an app to track your expenses?

I have a tendency to spend my money on items that could be useful but are not really necessary to my everyday life. I don't think I can already be considered as a compulsive buyer but I want to control the way I spend. I fall beyond my budget most of the time, and that does not feel good, so I tried to look for an app that could get me an overview of my spending. I downloaded this app called Spending Tracker on Google play which allows users to make entries of their expenses. It has a feature where you can set your budget for one week, and as you enter the details of your expenditures it automatically computes for your balance. There are categories for the expenses as well so you would know where does the biggest portion of your budget go. You can also follow the trend of your spending through the line graph and pie chart available.
    I found the app useful but I want to consider other options. Are there any other apps similar to this that you can recommend because it has better features?
    Thanks in advance.

2. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    I have some mixed feelings when it comes to apps and tools like this. I am the type of person who is constantly fretting over his finances. Always worrying about money and where to spend it and if I have enough, and I am sure that I am not alone there. Where I may differ, though, is that for some reason I hate tracking my money and looking at account summaries. I am not sure why, but something about out of sight out of mind appeals to me, even though it is already on my mind.

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, I'd recommend these budgeting apps for you:

1. Wallet (Android and IOS). Just like the app that you have, this allows you to budget your money and keep track of all of your expenses as well.

2.Wally (Android and IOS). One great feature of this app is that it allows you to take into account exactly what or where you spent your money on. If you ate at a restaurant, you can put that into the app. If you bought something from a store, you can put that location into the app.

3. Mint (Android and IOS). Now, this app has a lot of features and it can get overwhelming. But if you're looking for an app that has it all for your budgeting needs, then this one's for you.

Good luck!

4. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I had the Mint app and it was good. I am just bad at remembering to input information for these types of apps to be beneficial to me. Right now, I have no budget or I should say no money so what I do have is strictly for bills and food. I wish I was more organized to use these apps or even just write it down in a book but I am not. You should give Mint a try because it can give you the full picture of your finances by linking bank accounts, credit cards, mortgage, car loans, and etc. You can try it on their website and it will give you a better idea if it would be what you are looking for.