Tracking Your Goods

Discussion in Shipping Services started by Xpence • Sep 29, 2016.

1. Xpence

XpenceNew Member

Threads:
    Has anyone here ever tried shipping goods without a tracking number? Some traders offer to ship products without a tracking number i.e when you opt for free shipping, unless you pay $1 for the tracking number. I'm usually keen on knowing where my product is and approximate when it should arrive.

2. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    Recently. I bought couple of products on ebay and the sellers provided me tracking number after a week of delivery. I tracked the product and found that they left the seller location and were in Singapore waiting to be shipped to my home country. This news came. I always look for delivery service that can provide me tracking number.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer to be able to track my items I just feel much safer and less stressed, even if it means I have to pay a small fee. My cousin sent me a package one day which came with a tracking number, although I had one I still had problems with the package delivery. Even so, the number safed me because it gave me enough information for me to be able to track my package myself.

4. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't experienced not to have tracking numbers when ordering online. Every time I order something online, they will always send me an order confirmation and a tracking code on my e-mail. I think not having tracking codes can be fine as long as you've been buying from a certain online shop multiple times and haven't experienced anything regretful.

My siblings used to buy their make ups on Ebay and they usually don't have any tracking numbers to track their orders in case it got late or didn't arrived. They said that they've been purchasing from Ebay for a long time and haven't had any problems with it ever since, perhaps that's why they feel that their items are safe even without having to track them.

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Tracking is unavoidable for me as I reside in a remote village where there are no courier outlets. So as soon as a packet arrives they usually give me a ring and I have to go there and collect it. A tracking mechanism keeps me updated of its movement and most of the times I reach the outlet well before they call me and collect the packet. It gives me a lot of comfort to keep me updated.

I usually buy products from Amazon and I never faced any issues with regard to delivery of goods. They usually deliver it through Bluedart Courier Services and the service is really amazing. I always get the products well before the expected date of delivery. So I can’t even imagine ordering a product without a tracking number.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I have never ordered for goods online without the tracking number this may be because I hardly get the option for a free shipment. I would rather pay the necessary amount of money to be given the tracking number than to have the goods shipped to me freely without any tracking number