Tracy Chapman

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by mansawalta • May 9, 2013.

1. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    A bit old skool but i recently dicovered Tracy Chapman and was completely wowed by her talent and lyric writing skills......i wanted to know what you guys thing of her music

2. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    It has been a while since i heard that name. Yeah she was pretty big for a while
    a good number of years ago. Was it late '80s and early 90s? I actually haven't
    heard much of her for some time. But yeah I do remember her.
    Ryder13

3. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    It was in the 90's that she did have a successful career during the alternative boom era when bands come out of nowhere and major record companies signs most of them.
    Notable artist during that time were Green Day, Oasis, Blur, Radiohead, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Ash.

I think she got popular at the time with other popular girl singers like Sheryl Crow, Shania Twain and Faith Hill.
    If I remember it correctly I think she had one song included on MTV's Alternative Nation compilation.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to love her, thanks for the reminder.. I wonder if she's done much since then?

5. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    She had a sound and look all her own. Most people are too afraid to be original. I think she was a talented artist.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just love her song "Baby Can I Hold You Tonight", it was even re-made by Boyzone. The other song of hers that I'm familiar with is "Fast Car", but I didn't like it at all.