Trade-in Of Old Phone

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by Alexandoy • Jan 19, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our first phone was the big Motorola that has no facility for text. It was followed by a Nokia and Ericksson and so many others after that. But our old phones are kept in the stock room. One friend asked us why we do not trade-in our old phone when we buy a new one. That is a good suggestion. However, when we were offered of that trade-in, the value of our old phone was good for peanuts. So instead of giving away our old phone for the trade-in, we just pay the full amount for the new phone and kept our old phone. At least we have a souvenir and maybe in the years to come it will appreciate in value as a collector’s item.

2. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    We had the same thing. When we tried to trade in an old phone for a new one on a contract they offered very little, one reason why I moved to a sim-only deal. Now I usually sell my old phones online through mobilexchange or take them to a second hand phone shop, as they give a much better price and they will even pay for broken phones they can use for parts. It is always worth getting multiple quotes before you sell something!

3. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    For as much as I see this advertised, every time I have tried to do anything of the sort I have been turned down or did not qualify or something like that. Maybe I am just going to the wrong places, but I have yet to see this actually payoff personally.

4. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I have been encouraged to exchange my present phone for another one through online stores. However, I don't find them paying good at all. Hence, I am stuck with few phones.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    That is why I don't prefer to keep my phone for way long. I mean this will reduce the price by lot as you mentioned. Better to exchange the phone on right time with better specs and new technology phone. By this way you can have good amount for your old phone. That always works for me.

6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, the once expensive phones will eventually cost below $25 or even $15. That's why I don't really sell my old phones even if they are still in working condition, since I'm also a collector. However, I sell my defective phones, since I won't have any more use for them. People still buy them for parts.