Trader Joe's Beef Chili with Beans

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Sugarhill • Jun 11, 2012.

1. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    This isn't the best chili that I've ever eaten, but it is pretty darn good and at $1.99 a can, more than worth the buy. If you have a Trader Joe's in your area and you like chili, give it a shot. I enjoyed every bit of it. I think it's also pretty healthy for canned chili. I'll be stocking up.

2. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    That's my favorite chili, especially on a cold winter day. I like canned goods because they never go bad. At $1.99 a can you can't go wrong. They have the big cans at Costco, but I buy those when I'm having a party. I cook a hearty chili with vegetables and huge chunks of beef, it's very filling. I've been looking on Pinterest to find new chili recipes.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really do too much with Costco, but Trader Joe's always has some excellent tasting food, especially in contrast to the price of the items. Like I said, I've had better tasting, for example, Stagg Chili probably tastes better if I had to do a blindfolded taste test, but I was very pleased with both the taste and the satiety of the Trader Joe's chili. I was full for hours later.

4. Scarletpyxi

ScarletpyxiMember

Threads:
    They also make a chicken chili that is amazing with some peach mango salsa and sour cream on rice. I can only eat chicken, so I had never tried chili before. I was pleasantly surprised to discover how much I liked it! It is also very inexpensive (in a comparable price range) and ideal for anyone that is on a diet!

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I like all of their chili - even the vegetarian kind. My household (had to move back home due to illness) eats vegetarian so I try to fall in line with meat alternatives. Theirs is pretty well seasoned and the texture (tofu) is almost like ground meat.

6. ImariFutari

ImariFutariMember

Threads:
    Oh my life, don't get me started on Trader Joes! Unlike places like Whole Foods, their stuff isn't overpriced beyond the budget of the average person (most of it isn't, I've seen cheaper prices elsewhere for a few of their items - though the quality was definitely not as good). I don't have much of a distinctive taste for things like chili's, beans, and meats - so I can definitely enjoy the Trader Joes brand!

7. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Trader Joe's has great prices! I haven't bought a lot there, but everything I have purchased has been really good. My neighbor swears by Trader Joe's when he buys wine. They have one that's called Two Buck Chuck (I think) that is really good, and only $2.

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've never tried their chilli but now I'm curious...I haven't even been to a Trader Joes in ages, honestly. Whole Foods is closer :(

9. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    I love Trader Joe's! I don't eat meat, so I have never had the beef chili but their vegetarian chili is so good. One day while I was shopping there, they were offering samples of it with the TJ's corn chips (they taste like fritos) and pub cheese. I never would have thought to eat it that way, but man it was amazing!

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Trader Joe's has the best refrigerated, frozen and ready-made meals ever! They are not that much more expensive than Walmart or Safeway meals, But they are much better in quality. I specially like Indian food at trader Joe's! I have I have never tried this particular one, but I am very eager to try!

11. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I li
    I like chili and that is pretty affordable. I am going to a town tomorrow that has a Trader Joe's I might look in, but I pretty much spent all of my cash shopping today, so if I buy anything there it would have to be small. I might just wait until I have more money.

12. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I have to agree on the Trader Joe's Beef Chili being very good. Actually just about anything from Trader Joe's is good. They put in a lot effort to offer food that is good and tasty.