Trader Joe's

Discussion in Food & Drink started by chiofthenorns • Sep 6, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    My aunt and cousins have been raving a lot lately about Trader Joe's especially the cookie butter spread. One reason is that she is selling these products. Another reason is that they swear that the products are good. I want to give in to my curiosity, but I don't want to spend my money on something that I might not like. What are your thoughts on this brand?

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Trader Joe's is pretty awesome. They cost less than Whole Foods and you don't need a membership. There is a wide variety of foods and they give out samples daily. Some things may seem a little way out there but there are some tasty staples at great prices.

3. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    I love Trader Joe's. Everything I have tried there has been excellent. Their chocolate is amazing, in particular. I know the cookie butter is very popular, but I have not tried it. It just doesn't sound like my kind of thing, personally.

4. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    Yeh TJ's is pretty awesome!
    It's so awesome in fact that a Canadian guy can make a (pretty good) profit from buying things at retail at Traders then reselling them in Canada!

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    We don’t have one where I am, and I wish we did. My family used to have friends who lived in California; they’d send up Trader Joe’s care packages every Christmas and it was always so awesome. And when I was in California for a while myself, it was one of my favorite places.

6. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I've heard some good things about Trader Joe's but haven't taken a trip there yet. Sometimes I receive sales ad and it hasn't really just made me want to run to the store. I will check out in person one day and see what the store is really all about.

7. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    Too expensive for my day-to-day shopping IMHO. I will pop in for a treat occasionally. They carry some nice tawny port, and aloe vera juice.

I am always a bit suspicious of premium-price supermarkets. Wholefoods just got caught routinely reporting goods were a higher weight (and so price) than they actually were. They tested 800 products over multiple locations and they were almost all over!

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I do enjoy some of their products but they are terribly overpriced. Not worth it overall, in my opinion. You can get things that are just as good at regular grocery stores- harris teeter, safeway, even Target these days, without spending so much.