Trading Gift Cards For Paypal

Discussion in Payment Methods started by joshc428 • Sep 24, 2015.

1. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    I often earn Amazon gift cards from rewards sites such as Perk or Swagbucks (no verified Paypal). However, I much prefer PayPal funds. Whenever I get a gift card, I put it up on the /r/giftcardexchange subreddit and can usually make 80-90% return in PayPal funds. For example, a $10 gift card can get me $8-9 in PayPal. Any other options for selling gift cards? I want to get a higher return on my gift cards.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't know if it's still allowed but in the past I've seen a lot of these gift cards being sold in ebay. I'm not sure if they were being sold at a lower or higher price, though. I'm guessing you'll probably just get the same amount for it as you're getting for it now since I doubt anyone would be wiling to pay more if they can get it for lower from others who are doing the same thing you are. Good luck!

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know about that site. It sounds interesting though. I get Amazon gift cares all the time however I can usually find something to buy on there that I need. I will keep the gift card exchange site in mind though. As long as they take e gift certificates I will consider using a site like you mentioned. All things being equal, I would generally prefer cash as well. I will look to see what it is all about.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use AGCs for groceies and other everyday items so to me, they are as good as cash, providing Amazon are offering the lowest price.

You can still sell them on eBay as far as I know and people do sometimes pay the face value for them. I have no idea why they do this but someone once suggested it could be a form of money laundering!

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of some sites where you can sell gift cards but you won't get fair returns. However when you can't use a gift card for some reason then you wouldn't have a choice, would you? You'd take any money that's offered?

You could take a look at the sites listed below:

6. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I have the same dilemma.
    I have tried local "money markets" but they only offer 50% value.
    Most sites will offer you between 50%-80%
    I honestly think Reddits gift card exchange is the best value for you, very rarly will you have to accept an offer that's below 80%.

One thing I do is, I use the gift cards as presents for people at Xmas! Since Swag and Perk offer pretty much any gift card you can think of, you can get "full value" out of your cards by gifting them.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    This is the reason why I try to avoid as much as possible money-making sites that pay with gift cards, but whenever I get these, like in example from Amazon, I try to use them to pay for something I need.

Another option is buying something with potential to be resold, this way you pay for the item with a gift card and get paid for it via Paypal when someone buy it from you and, best of all, you won't only get the full return but an additional earning percentage.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Wow! Thanks for starting this thread because I sometimes want to sell my gift cards too. I never knew about the reddit category where I can sell them for cash! That's awesome! I will have to check it out soon. I used to sell on ebay, but the fees and the long ship times were not ideal.

9. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm glad y'all have created this thread and shared so many helpful resources. I don't currently work for gift cards, because I prefer PayPal, and also I wasn't sure how to go about swapping the giftcards out for cash, or if that was even possible. I'm glad to know so many sites for exchanging the two exist, because knowing that could increase the number and types of websites where I work now.

10. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I want to buy gift cards especially Amazon gift cards, however buying gift cards from my location is not possible. When I want to buy gift cards, I send funds to a friend who then sends me the gift cards of my choice. I have never sold gift cards. Since in am not in the US, I have limitation on what I do on the internet, for instance, paying for goods and service, receiving products and services etc.

11. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    You have a good source of income and the payment is coursed through your PayPal account via Amazon. I am thinking if I could possible make it too. My son and daughters are good artist. Could I sell their homemade cards in Amazon? And in return, I would be paid through my PayPal account. How about that?

12. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Since I have never used a gift card online I have been wondering about what I can do with one gift card that I have through Swagbucks.

I woukd either sell it for the same amount as I will be charged PayPal fees anyways or perhaps learn to use it.

13. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know there were such sites as I thought selling gift cards wasn't allowed. Every time I came across apps that would only give out gift cards I would skip it since I never used them. I feel better getting rewarded with paypal money instead so this option sounds good to me.