Trading In Your Games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Dame6089 • Jun 22, 2016.

1. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Does anybody here trade in games to places like Gamestop? I haven't for years because it is often not worth it with the low prices they are giving you. Sometimes they do run promotions where you can get bonuses by trading in a certain amount of games or towards a certain product. That makes it more worth it, but you basically have to get store credit or lose a lot in order to get cash. Anybody have a better alternative to make cash off of your older games?

2. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    My 17 year old is faithful about going to Gamestop to sell his games. He feels that it gives him money to use toward other games. And I agree; the store does not pay near enough for the games.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We don't have a gamestop here and all our other local shops don't usually accept trade ins unless they are a boutique shop that you can bargain with. Most of the time our only option is to either sell the game on ebay or just rare a game with friends. We tend to just do both depending on what game we have or what games our friends have because it's not always that favorable just using one method. Sometimes we'll also come across a store that accepts used games so we can just sell our games there if we don't want the trouble of selling it ourselves but usually that price is very low so it's not the best option.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think instead of selling your game the better option would be to swap it for another game. That way even if you give the game away, you'll be getting another which can swap again if you want to.

I suggest you take a look at the following sites:

All the best!

5. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the suggestions! I have never heard of either of these, so I will definitely check them out. It never hurts to get a little extra for my trade ins if I can.

6. shcoo

shcooMember

Threads:
    I am generations behind on the consoles I own - for example, I have a GameCube and a 360. I tried to take all of my original XBox games into GameStop so I could get credit toward 360 games, and they flat out refused to take any of them because they were too old. This vicious cycle makes me not want to purchase the newer games and consoles out now. I am also too lazy to list the games online via ebay or another site. I don't want to ship the items out myself.

7. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    If you are trying to sell your games you can try Ebay, or even reddit sometimes. Depends on the game really, if it is a wanted game like Gta V or something similar, people will tend to buy it pretty fast. Older games also sell a lot if it's an exclusive game.

8. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I don't trade my games in because I don't like how little you get for some games. When you consider how much money you spent to buy those games, you're getting almost nothing back. I just keep the games as I may end up playing it in the future even if it is for just a bit

9. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    In my area, there exists a lot of family owned business that tends to give good money for your older games. For an old Super Mario 64 game, I received 20 dollars which is excellent. It also depends on the condition of the game. I sold mine because I already bought the Wii virtual version. If you see any smaller business, you can easily haggle the price for it and you usually come out with a good deal.