Training, Better At Home Or In The Gym

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by biscione95 • Oct 12, 2016.

1. biscione95

biscione95New Member

Threads:
    I would ask you this because i've heard lots of different opinions on this question; personally I think staying at home impose you doing only a few exercises, what's your thought?

2. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Or how about doing both?

Gym memberships aren't as expensive as they used to be and more and more are even allowing people to pay as they go or on a weekly or monthly basis instead of the usual annual subscriptions that used to be in effect. With that in mind I think that people have even less of an excuse not to go but that doesn't mean that you have to if money IS too tight at the moment.

Gym equipment is expensive as well though don't forget and it also takes up a lot of room so if if you are serious about health and fitness you may get your monies worth by buying equipment instead of joining a gym, for the most part in the long run it is cheaper to join a gym instead.

3. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's best to do work around the house and around your property. If you have a big land, then gardening can be a real workout. Carrying wood, shoveling, harvesting and just walking or running on difficult terrain is a great work-out. Apart from the workout, you get some work done. You'll lose weight as long as you don't eat your calories back.

4. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Training at the gym is better than at home. It is really difficult to find out time at home to do any kind of exercise, but if you take then membership of a gym, then you just have to go there are exercise. This is a better option. You cannot miss it.

5. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    The best thing about doing your work out at home is that you are mostly in charge of your time but the only problem is, if you're using that time to work out. Most people get lazy over work out when they are at home that is why most of them prefer doing it on a Gym. Gym training and workout has been the best motivator for most because you're wasting you're money if you're going to visit the gym if you're just not going to do anything. Training and working out with friends has been the best motivator--you cannot just pull someone to your house to the be training with you, it has always been done outside and mostly in the gym.

6. Forty Five

Forty FiveNew Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer working out at home for a few reasons. First, the gym is quite far and going there is pretty time-consuming which is somewhat discouraging. I also like to start my days by working out first thing in the morning, literally before anything else so I feel energized right from the start of the day. I also find that I can fulfill all my training needs and goals right from home, although I guess this depends on what your goals are.

7. Lazar

LazarMember

Threads:
    It's better in the gym for many reasons. First, motivation. When you are surrounded with people you will push yourself harder or when you train with your gym partner.The second reason is that you can do much more exercises at the gym than at home. But of course,a combination of different types of workouts is the best for overall health and condition.

8. James-M

James-MMember

Threads:
    You are always going to struggle to build a decent amount of muscle mass at home. Purely because in order to increase muscle size, you must progressively get stronger each week or incease TUT (time under tension). This is hard to do with bodyweight training. For example, with press ups, you would need to add more and more weight, not reps because an increase in reps would build muscular endurance, instead of hypertrophy (building of muscle)

My advice would be to join a cheap local gym and get stronger each week doing squats, deadlifts, chin ups and dips. If you are unsure about the movement of these exercises, I would advise you to invest in an expert to help. After all, the time is going to pass. You can either spend it guessing and hoping, or you can seek out experts to guarantee you succeed.

Sorry if this isn't the answer you were looking for, but i prefer to tell you the truth and save you wasting your time.

9. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really need the gym to work the legs. That can be done by jogging every day. On the other hand, though, I like the gym for everything else. Nonetheless, it could be possible to buy barbells and do all the proper exercises - while also saving a lot of money. In fact, barbells and free weights are superior to machines because you're using more of your own weight.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    You have to find out which works better for you home training or gym. If I have the main equipment (benches, power cages and racks, chest and shoulder machines etc) complete at home I think home training will work better for me. The activities and training will go at my pace, patiently and gradual when carried out at home. At any time of the day I can easily go in for one or more exercises since the facilities are right there with me unlike if I have to visit gym..

11. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    If you do work out by yourself and you are observing a routine, it won't greatly differ when you do it at home or at the gym. The only difference so far is socialization. At home, you are exercising by yourself and it seems too mechanical, but when you are doing it at the gym you would be mingling with other fellahs doing their work out too and there is camaraderie, bonding and of course friendship.

12. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on the workout program of your intention. If you are doing a workout just for physical fitness to have stamina or maintain your figure then doing it at home can save you not only money but also time and convenience. But for some people with a great desire to have a better form and shape of the body then you need a personal trainer and the best place to go to is the gym. But before enrolling in a workout program of a gym, be sure that you can have time for that because the workout program should be continuous.

13. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I am into Yoga now so I have stopped going to the gym much long back. It's like years since I have visited a gym. I am pretty satisfied with my exercises through Yoga and meditation now as it enhances both my physical and mental health. :)

14. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    I think Training is much better option to go for. It always keep you on check, since you pin it on your busy daily schedules -to attend to. It's also whereby you get to learn more of what you don't know. Trainers are also equipped with more than you may have most of the cases. The lessons they give are more valuable since he/she is specialized in that. So, Yes, it's considerably the best option.

15. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I believe that training at the gym would be the better option. Many people buy exercise equipment and the equipment gradually becomes mere furniture in their home. This may be so because they are unable to maintain the discipline level to continue the exercise process by themselves for any useful period of time. The interaction at the gym is probably an effective motivating factor which would make them want to keep going at it and prevent them from being bored or lethargic.

16. Ani_m

Ani_mMember

Threads:
    I workout at home, the nearest gym is far and I wouldn't want to try it for the first time alone. I also feel more at ease at home. Doing so at home works out fine, at least if you're not a professional athlete or want some intense training. We have so much content online with routines, meal plans, there's much we can do by ourselves. The gym is good if you can go, but if you can't I see no problem with working out at home.

17. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think for younger people it may be hipper to just work out at the gym-but a older person may do better at home because of the obligations and responsibilities he has at home. You could get more of a workout in the garden when working at home, or even do a dance-aerobic thing at home and have a lot more fun as well. Also you could hike or bike to the grocery store to mix it up a bit though,and I think you need to change up your routine a lot -because you can really get into a funk doing the same thing everyday.

18. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I think that it really depends. If you just want to maintain your weight, and cardio/energy, you can do that at home. Just do a lot of walking, running, biking, squats, planks and stuff like that. But if you want to gain some weight (muscle), then the gym is a must.

19. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    Hi, I must admit that making exercises at a gym will bring faster and more accurate results for you. Thre you have a coach that will help you with exercising and rhythm. When you exercise at home is different, you may be slower and not keep the right rhythm for you and sometimes not making the right exercising, and this will not bring you the right results for your body!

20. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I think it would be better to work out at home. There are plenty of work out and training DVDS out there and you can work at your own pace. Depending on what workout DVD you plan to use, it can be much cheaper and convenient than a gym.