Travel Agents Overspending?

Discussion in Travel started by SLTE • Sep 4, 2015.

1. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    When I went on my honeymoon we enlisted the help of a travel agent, as we were flying overseas, standing in one city for a week, and then going on a three week bus tour. As such there were a ton of details involved that my wife and I just didn't want to handle. The travel agent was helpful in that sense...

... but in 'saving us money' I'm pretty sure she went with some more expensive options, somewhat on the sly, that bumped up her fee in the end. She booked us on a more expensive flight than I'd hoped for, for example, and the difference was probably negligible compared to a lesser airline. (Though having a TV was nice, I guess, but I didn't use it that much. Also didn't get to sit next to my wife, but, let's not quibble.) She also stuffed us into a rather pricey hotel, one that we spent barely any time in, and I didn't really see the breakdown until after the fact.

Anyone else have similar experiences with travel agents? Or is it my fault for not paying more attention to the breakdown?

2. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is something really appealing and massive for enjoying out the time ahead as it. I am gonna be really willing to have such a good time.

3. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I feel sad to know about you had bad experiences but i always prefer to book through a travel agency or travel agent they are far more experinced and have more variety and could provide me the best guides. Consider my advice before booking ask them to share detailed information with you and know all the charges and other things.

4. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    I feel sad to know about you had bad experiences but i always prefer to book through a travel agency or travel agent they are far more experienced and have more variety and could provide me the best guides. Consider my advice before booking ask them to share detailed information with you and know all the charges and other things.