Travel at very discounted rates

Discussion in Travel started by BestCrispAir • Apr 22, 2012.

1. BestCrispAir

BestCrispAirNew Member

Threads:
    Being a person that has traveled worldwide, I have come up with a lot of tips and tricks to save money on the transportation costs. I will share a few of them here.
    1. Compare several websites for the same exact deal.
    2. Look at clubs and organizations that you belong to in order to see if they offer discounts on travel, rental cars or hotels.
    3. The travel section of the Sunday paper in most major cities has travel classified ads all through it. If you DO book through them, make your seat arrangements then if you can. Otherwise, you will be stuck with a center seat in the worst possible location on the plane.
    4. Call the company directly with your best offer that you have found and ask them if they can meet or beat the offer. I once had an airline beat an offer that I had found online by 250.00! I had already done a lot of online comparing at that point, so I was pretty happy!
    5. Join the travel clubs. Flying? Get the miles cards for all of the airlines that you will be using. Taking a train? Amtrak offers a frequent users' card. Rental car? They all have one.
    6. Look for as many ways to earn miles as you can. They add up. I have a program I signed up for where I earn miles by using my debit cards.
    7. Ask your friends if they know of any other discount plans for travel. A friend of mine sent me to Sunshine Rewards, a site designed for people to earn extra money for their Disney vacation. I have earned on their site, and it does add up if you are consistent.
    8. Compare the rates for different days and times. So far, the cheapest I have found is middle of the week, late afternoon. That seems to be cheaper than a red eye.

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Thanks for this travel tips! I'm a big traveler myself and I'm always on the look-out on how to save money without really going super cheap on my travel experiences. These are great pointers by the way! :)

3. coolaaryan777

coolaaryan777New Member

Threads:
    Thanks for providing this useful information. Every tourist want to save money on his vacation with good services.

4. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I also love travelling and this post is really helpful. I also like comparing prices. One time I ask an agent to look for a plane ticket, then they gave me a quotation about the price of different airlines. It's a bit expensive because I'll be leaving in few days. I search for last minute online ticket in the net and found an airline that offer a last minute travel sale. The price was less than half of the other quotations that was given to me. I was so happy.

5. coolaaryan777

coolaaryan777New Member

Threads:
    Provide this useful information for discount travel is very helpful for every tourist. Every tourist want to make his trip package at minimum price range.

6. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    Great tips. In the UK I like to travel everywhere by coach because it is much cheaper and I enjoy looking out the window at the world going by, if my destination is not covered by a coach route then I will check a site like The Train Line and see what deals they offer.

7. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    Outstanding tips that is I really like these tips and must be used whenever I go to travel and I think dealing with the company is the best way to enjoy your travel..