Travel Comparison Sites. What Do You Use?

Discussion in Travel started by PunkinPie • Mar 17, 2015.

1. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    I always use Priceline to book my hotels. I have always heard that if you go directly to the actual hotel you can get a better price than what Priceline offers but I haven't ever seen that to be true. What I have noticed is that sometimes you don't get any extra perks or incentives from the hotel (especially in Las Vegas - Coupons, Free Buffets, Drinks, etc) because you booked through Priceline. This can sometimes be upsetting but its not always a deal breaker.

I really like to use the Express Deal option as most of the time I am not picky or particular about where we stay. As long as I know it is a high quality hotel (3 star or up) and safe area I don't mind shopping blindly.

I've also never really ventured away from using Priceline. I know there are so many price comparison tools out there. Which sites do you use and why do you prefer them? I'm curious to see if I am missing something great out there.

2. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    Priceline is my favorite too, and I love love love the name your price tool. Last year I went to New Orleans and checked Travelocity, Travel Guide, Hotels.com and the actual hotel site itself and couldn't find nearly as a good a deal as I found on Priceline. I got the room for over 50% off the prices I found in other places.

3. PunkinPie

PunkinPieMember

Threads:
    I'm glad to hear that you think Priceline is the best as well. I always doubt myself a bit. Even when I compare other sites it gets confusing so I usually end up at Priceline again. Now the killer is watching for RESORT Fee's or hidden surcharges. Some hotels make Priceline charge outrageous amounts. You think your getting an amazing deal and then the final steps show an additional $100 in fees. You have to shop smart and don't give in when those fee's show up. Go back to the drawing board and try again.