Travel Insurance For Southeast Asia

Discussion in Travel Insurance started by hopecoss • Feb 9, 2015.

1. hopecoss

hopecossNew Member

Threads:
    Have you ever backpacked through SE Asia? If so, what kind of travelers insurance did you purchase? I want to have the best coverage possible but I also do not want to get ripped off. Some people end up paying boatloads on medical or emergency expenses because they come to find they didn't get the proper type of travel insurance. Any info or tips? Thank you!

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unlike Europeans and North Americans who have a strong desire to be protected while travelling, I've realized that most Asians don't really find travel insurance necessary. As someone who frequently travels through the Southeast Asian region, I believe it is important to get the following: an annual trip plan, a trip cancellation plan and

. Anything can happen while you're overseas. Of course, we do our best to keep safe but still... there are so many circumstances beyond our control.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You can buy a basic one that will cover repatriation if necessary. Always stay healthy and carry a first aid kit. If you do adventure activities like bungee jumping or water sports, you have to pay extra. I remember getting burned in Bali on a motorbike and having medical insurance (which I did) didn't help as there was no hospital for miles, but a local doctor. After that lesson learned, I stocked up on bandage and antiseptic creams and carry them whenever I travel. I was so remote, there were no shops for 30 miles.