Travel Sickness. What Works For You?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by littlewitch66 • Jun 16, 2017.

1. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    My granddaughter has suffered from terrible travel sickness since she was about 2 but I found some excellent over the counter pills that really work. They are called Stugeron and are often prescribed for inner ear problems. They have to be given around 2 hours before a journey but they really work and are quite inexpensive.

Have you found any other travel sickness remedies that work?

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I remember when I was a kid when I used to go with my mother in visiting her relatives in out of town. We had to travel sometimes more than 40 kilometers. With such long distance travel, I used to vomit. To remedy such travel sickness or motion sickness, my mother let me chew a peeled off ginger until I used to travel.

When I grew up, I wanted to travel across the sea. I took Bonamine an hour before the fastcraft sails. When I used to travel at sea, I never took any medicine anymore.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Since I always try to go natural for remedies I just found out that drinking natural lemon use before any traveling journey prevents any dizziness or other kinds of sickness. It might not work for everyone but it can help many. I even get car sick so this helps everytimes I get in a car and to make things better it helps if I chew gum during the ride.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    When traveling by bus I vomit so I have orange candy in my bag always. Other remedies that I do is drinking lime juice or citrus drinks which will help me prevent this condition from getting worse.

5. littlewitch66

Threads:
    @kamai@kamai I think I might try this next time she travels because she has a school trip which is 3 hours on a coach in September. She is better than she used to be and with cars it seems to be improving but she likes lemon flavours so this could be a good method of keeping her stomach settled. Thanks for the tip.

#5Jun 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2017
  6. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    @harijobs@harijobs I have had such experiences when I was young. My mum hence always ensure that I ate nothing before travelling so that I do not feel nausea. I have seen people carrying paper bags in public transport. This occurs to long distance travellers. I tend to think that it makes other travellers uncomfortable. These days it never happens to me but I would wish to know the perfect remedy for this.

#6Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  7. littlewitch66

Threads:
    @Gad@Gad I come from a long line of people who suffer from motion sickness and it is my experience that we all eventually grow out of it. For me it was around the age of 12. After that age I stopped feeling nauseous and it is my hope that my granddaughter will too.

#7Jun 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  8. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I had a travel sickness which gradually subsided. Now, I'm pretty comfortable at traveling by motor vehicles. However, I still feel unwell in air travel. It gives a sense of dizziness which increases further if the travel duration lingers. I take medicine before air travel as chewing or smelling anything makes the situation even worse. I try to fall a sleep which helps to reduce the impact to a large extent.

9. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend Avomine which I see has worked with a number of those who suffer from travel sickness. It is a mild tablet. The person concerned will feel drowsy and that is what makes them tolerate travel sickness